19.5" or 17.5" Wheels with a twist - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Tow Rigs and Trailers
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2004, 08:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Visa Master

Member # 8649
19.5" or 17.5" Wheels with a twist

Looking for 19.5" or 17.5" Wheels, BUT with a 6x5.5 lug pattern. I have a off-highway trailer/camper with a toy axle, for towing the 35's I have on it have too much sidewall sway and I can get used 17.5" and 19.5" tires from work for free (used take-offs), I am dead set on the 35" diameter for the level pull and look. I have considered 10.00R15's as well but can't find any used.

So trying to find wheels, considered having some customs made but fawk I may as well buy the 10.00R15's for that kinda cash.

Thanks in advance, and I know 35"s on a trailer seem silly but hey, i'm a hillbilly
Old 11-27-2004, 06:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 11256
I'm not sure about 17.5 but all 19.5 that I have every seen are 8 lug. I think that the only option for 19.5 is going to be recentering them. I don't know if you are willing to go that far. For a little while I was looking at 19.5 for my tow rig but they don't have many tire sizes and really you can only get about 32"-33" not many options. I guess if you want them bad enough though you can usually find the 19.5 on bread vans in junk yards for pretty cheap and then have some one on the board recenter them (I don't think that there is enough metal to just reuse the centers and redrill for the different lug pattern. I don't know though.

-ben
m016324 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2004, 09:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 19168
Give John a call at Stazworks, he will be able to make you a set of 19.5s with any BP you want.
texascadillac42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 07:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 13026
Check www.ricksontruck.com for plenty of info on 19.5" tires. There's a boat load of them available.

Brian
NVR FNSH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.