need help with 2006 dodge truck accessories - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Tow Rigs and Trailers
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2006, 08:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 4228
Send a message via AIM to AGGIECJ-7
need help with 2006 dodge truck accessories

my parents just got this truck to serve as DD and towing the irrigation trailer around.

2006 dodge 2500 4x4 megacab with the cummins and auto. it sits slightly higher then stock because he took it straight to discount to have 315's put on.

since my stepmom is only 5'2", they need some sort of steps for her to get into the truck a little easier. it is her truck afterall. my dad was wanting some retracting step so that when the doors are closed, you cant see them. Anyone know of a vendor for these types of steps. i suggested some tube steps or nerf bars. my dad likes the look of the truck as it sits, but said he would consider other options.

additionally, he was asking about a K&N air filter for it for a little more power. he doesnt want to put a box on it yet as it is still under warranty. i have heard that the K&N's are bad for diesels so can someone point me toward a diesel safe air intake?

FWIW, i hate the auto in this thing...it feels like it shifts all the time....i guess with my opinion and 50 cents, you can buy a coke...
02 Ram 2500 - Cummins, 4x4, 6spd

Last edited by AGGIECJ-7; 07-30-2006 at 08:41 AM.
AGGIECJ-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 44179
My 5 cents is go with tube steps saves the body from idiots that park next to you one problem is the mega is still some what new two vendors that I have seen is 2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab Powerstep BST75118-01 From $1,234.99 $1,451.99 from Bestop & Kodiak SideWinder Step for Dodge - - STOCK SUSPENSION ( most vehicles) SOLD INDIVIDUALLY KODDODGESTOCK $192.99 $303.73> The side winder isn't a full board though genuin steel or westin might have the tube steps on the filter you might have to hold off till there is a few vendors that are making them with warranty Q you will void the warranty of the part that’s not stock I could be wrong that’s what happened to me I had a 7/70 in the second year I put in a spacer & filter kit went to dodge many times for warranty issue’s including engine trans complaints had no issues about my warranty but if the issue was in result of the change then you might have a problem in that instance I would look to replace the filter there is several vendors that make better filters that will flow more air but are finer filters so they will stop more particles from getting into your engine/ turbo

/l ,[____],
l---L 0lllllll0-
()_) ()_)--O-)_)
KJ6CXL
peligroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links