Toy Hauler/ Enclosed Hauler w/living quarters/crawler hauler INFO - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Tow Rigs and Trailers
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 07:04 AM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 99437
Send a message via Yahoo to CTD NUT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepyz View Post
Not impossible, my car trailer measures 82.5" between the fender wells. The tire size is 205/75/15. Nothing rubs during a tight turn.
Your tire size pretty much tells the story. Try that on 7K axles with 235's - they simply need more fender clearance because of the larger tire. I had a drop deck tandem axle car hauler with 82" between the fenders, too - 3.5K axles and tires make that possible.

I'd have to agree with BigWoodyWag that 78" is probably as large as you could between the fenders in order to have adequate tire clearance with 7K axles and maintain the 102" legal width limit. I have not seen anything larger, myself.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:10 PM   #52 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 52621
Has anyone built out there own interior? I bought a gooseneck enclosed that has the seperate garage and what will be living quarters. Looking for some ideas on floorplans.
tw89yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #53 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 26468
Send a message via AIM to BigWoodyWag
One of the Southern High Roller guys I wheel with converted his, and built it all out. Pretty Bad ASS. The SHirleys did as well to their 53', search "Lucky Dog hauler" or something along those lines by BTF1.

For floor plans search the horsetrailer builder websites for ideas. Horse people are all about the LQ's. Most sites have floorplans laid out for ideas.

Outlaw Conversions
http://www.coolhorse.com/index.php/T...nversions.html

Millennium Trailers
http://www.milltrailers.com/enclosed.../gooseneck.asp

Equispirit
http://www.equispirit.com/info/livin...ters.php#floor

Pace
http://www.paceamerican.com/trailers...lans/#specInfo
Old 04-09-2009, 05:08 PM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 13384
Send a message via AIM to SolidAxleDurango
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD NUT View Post
Your tire size pretty much tells the story. Try that on 7K axles with 235's - they simply need more fender clearance because of the larger tire. ....
Quit being wrong... 83" is possible and happens all the time. I have that much between the wheel wells in my RV-style TH...
Old 04-10-2009, 06:10 AM   #55 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 52621
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWoodyWag View Post
One of the Southern High Roller guys I wheel with converted his, and built it all out. Pretty Bad ASS. The SHirleys did as well to their 53', search "Lucky Dog hauler" or something along those lines by BTF1.

For floor plans search the horsetrailer builder websites for ideas. Horse people are all about the LQ's. Most sites have floorplans laid out for ideas.

Outlaw Conversions
http://www.coolhorse.com/index.php/T...nversions.html

Millennium Trailers
http://www.milltrailers.com/enclosed.../gooseneck.asp

Equispirit
http://www.equispirit.com/info/livin...ters.php#floor

Pace
http://www.paceamerican.com/trailers...lans/#specInfo
Thanks. I've seen Shirley's new hauler, but I'm working on a slightly smaller trailer.

Anyone have pictures of interiors they have built themselves?
tw89yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:19 AM   #56 (permalink)
Community Organizer

Member # 32677
Quote:
Your tire size pretty much tells the story. Try that on 7K axles with 235's - they simply need more fender clearance because of the larger tire. I had a drop deck tandem axle car hauler with 82" between the fenders, too - 3.5K axles and tires make that possible.

I'd have to agree with BigWoodyWag that 78" is probably as large as you could between the fenders in order to have adequate tire clearance with 7K axles and maintain the 102" legal width limit. I have not seen anything larger, myself.
My 5th wheel Work & Play has tandem 7K lb torsion axles and it measures 81" between the wheel wells inside running 235/85/16 tires. The book it came with states something like 78.5" but real world measurements are wider.
Soundguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:35 AM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 99437
Send a message via Yahoo to CTD NUT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidAxleDurango View Post
Quit being wrong... 83" is possible and happens all the time. I have that much between the wheel wells in my RV-style TH...
Your TH isn't considered deck over? Curious to know what size tire on a 7k axle allows for 83" between the fenders if this is not a deck over application. Again, I only stated it would be unlikely and that I have never seen it.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:15 PM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 13384
Send a message via AIM to SolidAxleDurango
Quote:
Your TH isn't considered deck over? Curious to know what size tire on a 7k axle allows for 83" between the fenders if this is not a deck over application. Again, I only stated it would be unlikely and that I have never seen it.
Nope. Not deckover. Tire size is 235/80/16. 102" wide minus 16-ish for the tires... plus a few for the thickness of the wheel well leaves about 83".

My 22' bumper pull car hauler was the same way. Just about every other car hauler i've ever seen too.. :shrug:
Old 04-12-2009, 06:45 AM   #59 (permalink)

Member # 17108
My low-boy gooseneck has triple 7k axles with 82.5 between the wells. You had to have the right tire on for it to work though, found that out the hard way.
Jimmy's 4x4, Nitto Tire, NorthStar, Radflo, Slime, Spidertrax, ATX Wheels, Yukon Gear and Axle, Seeyouonthetrail, Alltech, Pac Racing, Rugged Radios, Sho-Me Speed, John's 4x4, Advanced Metal Fab, PSC, FK, Rigid Industries, Branik, Ouverson, Griffin, AEM, Off-Road Solutions.
Dwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:51 PM   #60 (permalink)

Member # 20394
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeeps View Post
Still looking for a 7'6" rear door and 82" between fenders.

Anyone have any more info about mfg's?
The Weekend warrior that I posted with pics earlier in this thread has 82in between the wells. My truck is 82.5in wide. It fits in there snug. It has a 7'2" rear door and that is the highest I have ever seen anywhere. I do not think you will ever find a 7'6" rear door. 82in is very possible.

Thank you all for your support

Widia Cutting Tools [url]www.widia.com[/url]
Sterling Autosport [url]www.sterlingautosport.com/[/url]
PSC [url]www.pscmotorsports.com/[/url]
Ruffstuff [url]www.ruffstuffspecialties.com[/url]
Tom Woods Drive Shafts [url]www.4xshaft.com[/url]
[url]www.facebook.com/buckwildracing[/url]
Buckon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:23 PM   #61 (permalink)

Member # 122523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s View Post
The Weekend warrior that I posted with pics earlier in this thread has 82in between the wells. My truck is 82.5in wide. It fits in there snug. It has a 7'2" rear door and that is the highest I have ever seen anywhere. I do not think you will ever find a 7'6" rear door. 82in is very possible.
People have enclosed trailers custom made every day. I've seen a 8ft rear door on a 26ft cargo trailer.

The rear doors come with 6", 12", 18", 24" etc, etc.... of extra height. The only real limit with the rear door is the width due to DOT.
Jeepyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:32 PM   #62 (permalink)

Member # 20394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepyz View Post
People have enclosed trailers custom made every day. I've seen a 8ft rear door on a 26ft cargo trailer.

The rear doors come with 6", 12", 18", 24" etc, etc.... of extra height. The only real limit with the rear door is the width due to DOT.
I was talking about standard. I thought that is what he wanted.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:46 AM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 13342
Tagged for more info and pics.
Albin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:40 PM   #64 (permalink)

Member # 133705
Here are a couple of pics of the inside of my hauler, it is an 8 X 20 H&H cargo trailer that I have converted into a work and play unit. It is fully insulated with heat and AC, 30 service, 2 side windows, a 22" flat screen tv with built in DVD player, 2 bunk beds and a fold down couch/bed for a third person, that I will have the mattress and back for this week. I put G-floor down for easy clean up and a 12v converter to run the overhead lights and a cd player with 4 speakers. It does not have any water source and I don't plan to do that with this trailer. So far it works great for hauling the Sami and anything else you may want to throw in it. I have used it many times for camping and has worked out great, my daughter loves the bunk beds. Sorry for the cell phone pics.

Last edited by esam; 04-13-2009 at 07:53 PM.
esam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:55 PM   #65 (permalink)
Not a Wenzelite

Member # 44480
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWoodyWag View Post
The SHirleys did as well to their 53', search "Lucky Dog hauler" or something along those lines by BTF1.
I had no idea they did the conversion. I was checking it out at KOH, and they did an awesome job!! I like all the bunks/cubbies it has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esam View Post
Here are a couple of pics of the inside of my hauler, it is an 8 X 20 H&H cargo trailer that I have converted into a work and play unit.

nice!!
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:06 PM   #66 (permalink)

Member # 133705
Thanks!

The only thing that I want to install yet is an awning. I think an awning would be great to have for shade and rain, but they are a little pricy. I will get some better pics up soon that are updated.
esam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #67 (permalink)

Member # 103315
Enclosed car haulers

Any updates...any other cool threads...links?

The 82" between fenderwells and 7'6" loading rear door...gotta go custom made ?

Totally giving up on finding a used one that meets my needs.
RedJeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:37 PM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 20394
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeeps View Post
Any updates...any other cool threads...links?

The 82" between fenderwells and 7'6" loading rear door...gotta go custom made ?

Totally giving up on finding a used one that meets my needs.
I am thinking about selling mine in a little while. Don't know how serious I am but for the right offer I may let it go. I will PM you if I go that route.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:59 PM   #69 (permalink)

Member # 51990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s View Post
I am thinking about selling mine in a little while. Don't know how serious I am but for the right offer I may let it go. I will PM you if I go that route.
hey buck just wonderin what was done to yours to beef it up to haul a car?? i'm lookin at a 98 baja 36' 5th wheel that has had some mods to it, i'm tryin to haul my toyota wich probably sits fat at around 4k it's got 6 lug axles but the owner says the frames been beefed up and it's got 3/4 ply on the floor?? is that the norm?? the deals right but i dont' want it to fall apart and my truck is a tight fit in it, i was thinkin about maybe just puttin some 6k 8 lug axles on it? anyone else care to chime in i'm soo tired of the search button here and on google and i can't find chit on baja which i understand is curtis industries
twistedtruck is offline   Reply With Quote