Pirate 4x4 banner

What is your opinion of the ultimate trailer?????

27K views 85 replies 60 participants last post by  silveradoreb 
#1 · (Edited)
I read up and found a lot of posts about trailers but what I wanna know is, if you were getting a trailer built (for a reasonable price of course:D) tow two one jeep/ toyota/ whatever and at times a fourwheele, what would it be like?

I have the truck (02' Dodge Cummins HO 6 speed 4x4) and now its time for the trailer...

Im most likely gonna get one built custom so any reasonable features are open...

Keep in mind the most Ill be towing (1 rig, 1 quad as you call them) and that I want saftey and stability!

NOT ENCLOSED though.

Muchos Gracias!

(FLAME ON!:D:D:D)

#78 ·
Any more info???

jefe said:
I have a 14' car hauler for my Jeep CJ8. Fits just fine. It has a 14' x 78" (same as rr track on my Jeep) wood plank top, two 3500 lb axles, electric brakes on rear axle. Used, it was $1199. I looked for a long time to find it because I wanted
regards, as always, jefe
Do you have any pics or manufature info. Sounds exavtly like what I want.

#79 ·
Hanr3,
Aros is the mfgr. They are a medium sized mfgr co. in San Diego. I called them to get more info on the trailer and compliment them on the great/light design and they said, "Thanks, but we don't make them any more (mine is an '01)- not enough profit for the amount of work involved."
I will try to get a pic of it on here. I need to take a pic first.
Recently, I helped my son move to Nevada City (CA) from the Bay Area and we used my car hauler to get his C-104 to the new digs. [he now lives about 30 miles from Fordyce Cr. and 45 mins. from the Rubicon. Boo-hoo]He filled up his Jeep with tools, we kept adding more heavy garage stuff (like compressors, vise, jacks, steel, mig welder, grinders, tools, transmissions, t-cases), onto the trailer getting it well beyond 7000 lb.max. With the Dodge/Lance Camper loaded to the gills/trailer with Jeep on it and heavy extras, I'm sure my CGVW was approaching 19,000 lbs. The trailer did fine. I felt the tires about midway and they were only slightly warm.
With the usual Truck/camper/trailer/my jeep, it's only about 16,000 lbs. gross.
regards, as always, jefe

#81 ·
Well I built my own and I love it

It is:
16' deck
82" wide
2 6000lb axles
wood deck
10,000lb tongue
7000lb jack
all wiring in side pvc tube to keep dry and away from damage
I still have to add fenders, tool boxs, winch, and a few other things

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300188

Here is my set up at Crawfords in Tellico

#83 ·
Those are some sweet trailers.

How cost effective was it too make your own trailer?

I have also thought about race car trailers. We have several dirt race tracks around here. Their trailers would be almost perfect. Thinking I might be able to get a good deal on one in the fall/winter months.

#84 ·
Hanr3 said:
How cost effective was it too make your own trailer?

I have also thought about race car trailers. We have several dirt race tracks around here. Their trailers would be almost perfect. Thinking I might be able to get a good deal on one in the fall/winter months.
Thats what my trailer was used for,a modified.Just look for someone stepping up to an enclosed trailer.

#85 ·
My current setup is as follows:

2001 Ford Excursion 4wd 7.3 PSD w/ Walker Big Truck Muffler, F350 V & B code springs, Hellwing Front and Rear sway bars - otherwise stock with BFG AT load range E tires

102"x30' custom trailer as follows:

Bumper bull w/ 2 5/16" ball
3 5200# axles all with electric brakes
front 14' is enclosed for storage
rear 16' is open for jeep hauling

Trailer weighs 3000#, jeep weighs 5500#, front load weighs approx 1500#, for a total of 10,000#

Equipped with rear air bags, weight distribution hitch and anti sway system. Prodigy brake controller.

Fully loaded = no problems with anything, ever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.