Official End of Excursion - Late Summer 2004 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Tow Rigs and Trailers
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2002, 06:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 7938
Official End of Excursion - Late Summer 2004

Well, if anyone cares.............Letter sent to all Dealers from the President of Ford Division:

I am writing to you today to officially announce that Ford will end production of the Ford Excursion in late summer of 2004. As a part of our overall corporate restructuring plan and investment in new product, I firmly believe that this decision is in the best interest of our company, and you, our dealers - but more importantly, this will be a step in the right direction in addressing the needs of our customers. Discontinuing any of our products is always a very tough decision to make, but in the interest of allocating resources to our current and future product lineup, this is the right decision at the right time. We will continue to look at other product alternatives to meet the needs of these customers. As for today, Ford has made significant efforts to improve upon an already highly capable product. With the launch of the 2003 Model Year, we introduced a new Eddie Bauer series with a new interior and Eddie Bauer-signature exterior styling, a restyled exterior on the Limited series and a host of ride and handling improvements. Later this year we will launch the all-new 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel with the TorqShift transmission to replace the already successful 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel on Excursion and Super Duty trucks. Having experienced this new powertrain personally, I can assure you that the strong existing demand for diesel within this market segment will only increase. I would like to ask for your continued support in offering this vehicle to your customers over the months to come, as well as communicating to your current Excursion owners, Ford's unwavering support. We will of course continue to honor all certified warranty claims and have replacement parts in inventory even after Excursion production ends.
Steve Lyons
President, Ford Division
KS Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 07:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
DRM
Super Moderator

Member # 8
I am still counting on used ones dropping in price once they stop making them - like the Bronco did... They *maybe* I can finally own one
>"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2002, 07:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Chubby Chaser

Member # 7889
Send a message via AIM to Mustard Dog
They seemed like a great idea for a family wagon/tow rig. Just too damned big for all the soccer moms to use for picking up the groceries I guess
Hendrix XR Chassis #001

Ultra4 #66 4Wheel Parts, Raceline, PSC, Bilstein, Marlin Crawler, Smittybilt, HendriX, PacificFab, G2 Axle, PAC Spring, G&J, MAXXIS

Roxy's in the industry and I'm a sponsored professional driver. The two of us together make a powerhouse.

Accepting the things I cannot change.
Mustard Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 04:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 3101
I told the wife I'd get her one, but she said she wanted to keep the Expedition she has now.
flimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 10:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Mo
Everyday is Tuesday.

Member # 47
Quote:
Originally posted by DRM
I am still counting on used ones dropping in price once they stop making them - like the Bronco did... They *maybe* I can finally own one
Yup. I've read that the PSDs with some mods will get 20mpg... better than my minivan
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 10:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Chubby Chaser

Member # 7889
Quote:
Originally posted by Mo

better than my minivan
BWAHAHAHA minivan, what a jackass
Hendrix XR Chassis #001

Ultra4 #66 4Wheel Parts, Raceline, PSC, Bilstein, Marlin Crawler, Smittybilt, HendriX, PacificFab, G2 Axle, PAC Spring, G&J, MAXXIS

Roxy's in the industry and I'm a sponsored professional driver. The two of us together make a powerhouse.

Old 10-12-2002, 10:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mo
Everyday is Tuesday.

Member # 47
Quote:
Originally posted by Mustard Dog

BWAHAHAHA minivan, what a jackass
Mr. Mom needs sumpin to haul around 3 kids everyday. Couldn't find a F250 Super Crew for what we paid for the van. PSD Excursions are still several grand more, but they're getting closer.

Just gotta get the wife out of her residency then the real money happens...
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 10:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Chubby Chaser

Member # 7889
Quote:
Originally posted by Mo

Just gotta get the wife out of her residency then the real money happens...
Come awn
Hendrix XR Chassis #001

Old 10-14-2002, 12:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 498
Send a message via ICQ to WheelingPiazza Send a message via AIM to WheelingPiazza
I get 19 now on my stock PSD, 20 is a no brainner..
Old 10-20-2002, 09:42 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 1918
Send a message via AIM to badassjeepguy Send a message via Yahoo to badassjeepguy
ive been really leaning towards an excursion psd for my new tow rig....... no more tents to set up and it is a damn sweet rig.... hopefully i can find a good used one to save a few $$$$
Hot Pursuit Rockcrawling #911
[SIZE="7"][COLOR="Yellow"]2006 BADLANDS MOONBUGGY FOR SALE[/COLOR][/SIZE] [url]http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=566987[/url]
badassjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote