Pirate 4x4 banner

Anybody looking for a 10k WD hitch?

13K views 61 replies 36 participants last post by  y2knole 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
I just called and ordered one. I couldn't get the website to put one in the shopping cart on my end.

That's a great price for a w/d hitch. My old one is over 10 years old and showing it.

mac 'impulse buyer' gyvr

#3 ·
Anybody actually used one of these, price looks almost too good to be true.

#4 · (Edited)
Talk about impulse buyer, I bought mine at 5am before work after catching a glimpse of the thread over on Titan Talk. ( http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...423-wd-price-cut-buy-one-now.html#post2242233)

I got mine last week... haven't got it on the trailer yet. It's pretty well built in general, welds look good, finish is decent.
It comes complete with all you'll need, ball, hitch, head, arms, chain, trailer mounted tensioner, tensioner handle.
The head is a formed and welded unit rather than a more expensive (but less repairable) cast one like some manufacturers. It also has two places to mount friction style anti-sway bars which is better than some more expensive units.
Many other manufactures also don't include a trailer ball or the adjustable hitch, those have to be paid for separately. This unit includes a solid cast adjustable hitch and a 14k Rated trailer ball with a 1 1/4 shank.
Date of manufacture on mine was 2003.
I'm very happy with what I received and extremely happy with the price I paid. Now, to hook it on the 18' equipment trailer, adjust the hitch, load up the Jeep and see how she tows!

#6 ·
So I'm pretty impressed!

It came with all of the needed parts. I'm not sure if you can see it all but the bars, chains, hitch, ball, mounts for on the trailer, a handle for the chain, even the pin to hold the hitch on the truck.

It's not a cheap looking product like I thought it would be - 1/4" material all around.

The mounts for the trailer are bolt on style. They have spacers and 2 different size bolts to make the best fit for your needs. You can see it also came with the clips to prevent the chain clamps from coming off.

All open with the included handle.

The bars are very heavy and are 1 1/2" thick and solid.

The only welds I have seen are pretty good.

Everything seems to be in great shape. I didn't have time to start working on getting it mounted but for the price so far I have to say it is a great buy!

#7 ·
Thanks for the pics lojim, made me finally decide to order one..Free shipping helped too:smokin:

The uhualer doesnt really need it but when i replace my conversion vans engine i will definitely need it to tow the travel trailer.

#8 ·
I got mine last friday, less than four days after I ordered. The posted pics are very accurate of the hitch. It is most definately worth the $119. I did take a die grinder and massaged the area where I need to get my 1 13/16th socket in to tighten up the ball.

I also replaced the grade 5 bolts that bolt the hitch together with grade 8 bolts.

The ubolts that bolt the chains to the w/d bars had nuts with nut locks that when you tightened them into the nut locks made the chain to tight (in my opinion), so I replaced those nut with regular grade 8 nut and lock tighted them.

mac 'not sure when i'll actually get to use it' gyvr

#12 ·
Got mine last week and I agree with all that has been said in this thread about the hitch. It is a completely complete kit. I laughed when I saw that it even came with the pin for the hitch. My dad saw it and mentioned that the welds looked a thousand times better than my uncles name brand setup that failed twice cause the welds were cold. Thank you for posting this up in here.

#20 ·
I got mine a couple of weeks ago, the box was hammered but nothing was missing. I assembled it and all looks good. Can't wait to try it out next time I tow the trailer with the camper on.
Travis..

#29 · (Edited)
Recieved mine yesterday after just ordering Monday. Looks to be a great hitch, can't beat the price! It had a mfg date of 11/2003 on the hitch head, guess these have been sitting around in a warehouse for a while. Some of the hardware had some light surface rust, but otherwise in great shape.

#30 ·
Just ordered one. GREAT deal like was said before. Been looking for a while, glad I can finally "do it right"

I'm relatively new to towing. I've had my 7,000lb car hauler for a little over a year, and until now have had no sway control or WD setup. Both rigs I have towed with I have installed rear sway bars and air bags. I tow about 6,200lbs with the Jeep and tongue box loaded up.

I'm now towing with my 7.3L PSD Excursion. I have rear air bags already on it, they are a huge help without a WD setup. (Excursion has real soft rear springs).

Should I ditch the airbags with the WD setup? Should I still use them, but with less PSI? Will using airbags in addition to the WD setup actually hurt the weight distribution physics?

Sorry if these are noob questions. I'm just glad to be upgrading to doing things the "right" way, so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
CJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.