Avoid the All-Pro bumpers. - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - FJ Cruiser
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2008, 07:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 108656
Avoid the All-Pro bumpers.

I would avoid the All-Pro bumpers if I were you. I purchased the full set with hitch, bull-bar and sliders over the summer. When I ordered it I was told they came powder coated in black only. I asked if I could get it without powder coating and was told no. the front bumper showed up bent with no damage to the shipping carton. All-Pro agreed to replace it, they shipped the new bumper. At his point I was still very happy whit there service. Then... They charged my credit card for the second bumper until I shipped the old one back. After I shipped it back it took over 2 months and many phone calls to finally get my money. I live in Chicago, we have a winter, we use salt on our roads. By the middle of winter, the "powder coating" that was applied by All-Pro has flaked off and the bumpers are very rusty. I took it to a local powder coater who looked at it an said that the powder coating was not applied correctly (applied too thin and the bumper was not allowed to heat up enough). I called All-Pro a few times, left voice mails for John (the owner) and never got a reply from them. I now have to remove both bumpers and have them sand blasted and re-coated... About $800. My buddy went with the ARB bumpers on his Nissan 4 years ago. not one spot of rust on his. Needless to say, I will be removing the All-Pro name plates off of the bumpers and welding the holes closed prior to re-coating.
bwinkl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
DRM
Super Moderator

Member # 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwinkl04 View Post
I now have to remove both bumpers and have them sand blasted and re-coated... About $800.
You're getting ripped off - and not by All Pro.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.
>"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2008, 08:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 108656
I already got ripped off by All-Pro. I am willing to spend the extra money this time because it will be triple coated and they are giving me a lifetime warranty on the work.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:09 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 1200
Huh -- So, how is it that you were ripped off? The original bumper was ~$800 -- and you are spending $800 just to powder coat it? That seems --- nuts? Or is the 800 to powder the front rear and sliders? Still way too much...

Sucks that the original was bad. Did you consider rattle canning it?
Ross Woody * President - TLCA #7704
72 FJ40 * 07 TRD FJC
woooody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
DRM
Super Moderator

Member # 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by woooody View Post
Did you consider rattle canning it?
IMHO, I don't like powder coating for things like bumpers and sliders. One chip starts, and it's a mess in no time.

Like you- I'd go with a quality rattle can paint job, with a good primer laid down first.

It makes touch-up super easy for rock chips and trail wear.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
4x Innovations

Member # 35227
Send a message via Yahoo to traxman25
I have a good friend and customer from the Chicago area. He had a front bumper I built him double powder coated for $90. He also rattle caned a swinging tire carrier I built for him. He spent a few hour preping it the proper way and it still looks good as new, at 2 years old. I agree with DRM, paint is the way to go because PC can't be touched up, and paint can be just as strong if done right. If you want the best for your money I recommend POR15. They have a 10% off sale right now too!
4xInnovations.com Use "pirate5" coupon code for 5% off!
traxman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
El Presidente

Member # 38540
Quote:
I would avoid the All-Pro bumpers if I were you. I purchased the full set with hitch, bull-bar and sliders over the summer. When I ordered it I was told they came powder coated in black only. I asked if I could get it without powder coating and was told no. the front bumper showed up bent with no damage to the shipping carton. All-Pro agreed to replace it, they shipped the new bumper. At his point I was still very happy whit there service. Then... They charged my credit card for the second bumper until I shipped the old one back. After I shipped it back it took over 2 months and many phone calls to finally get my money. I live in Chicago, we have a winter, we use salt on our roads. By the middle of winter, the "powder coating" that was applied by All-Pro has flaked off and the bumpers are very rusty. I took it to a local powder coater who looked at it an said that the powder coating was not applied correctly (applied too thin and the bumper was not allowed to heat up enough). I called All-Pro a few times, left voice mails for John (the owner) and never got a reply from them. I now have to remove both bumpers and have them sand blasted and re-coated... About $800. My buddy went with the ARB bumpers on his Nissan 4 years ago. not one spot of rust on his. Needless to say, I will be removing the All-Pro name plates off of the bumpers and welding the holes closed prior to re-coating.
Here's the thing,these bumpers used to ship out bare,All-Pro now offers them powder coated at NO EXTRA CHARGE.If there was a problem with your first one(which is not common)All-Pro has no problem sending out another bumper but you but you had to be billed for that until you sent the damaged one back,then the money was credited back to your account...2 Months?,was that 2 months from your original call to AP about the problem?.I don't know about 2 months but you have to take into consideration the time it takes to ship these bumpers and the fact the the credit takes a couple of days to show back up on your account...So now you're spending $800 to powdercoat that bumper? .It would be alot cheaper for you to ship that bumper back to All-Pro and have it powder coated at no charge.

WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

*ROCK BRAWLERS* So-Cal
www.RockBrawlers.com

Fifth annual SoCal Off-Road Truck Show . Coming 2013 .
www.OffRoadTruckShow.com
Infernal Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 11141
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM View Post

It makes touch-up super easy for rock chips and trail wear.
I highly doubt the OP is going to get "trail wear" unless he scrapes the hedges at the mall.

RcRocs 4.3 Toyota Jeep
Moon Buggy Racer on 40s
www.marylandcreepers.com
www.rightcoast4x4.com
CronusTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 108656
$800 is for front and rear bumpers, and bull-bar...

Again, living in Chicago, I don't want to deal with rattle can.

2 months was from the time UPS showed they received it back.

Returning it to All-Pro was not an option as they won't even return my calls.

And last but not least, Cronus... you're and idiot. That is a stupid statement to make, and I think we are all a little dumber for reading it. You dont know how I use my truck, so if you don't have something constructive to say, stay out of my post.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 416
All Pro will have the bumpers re-coated at no charge, you just pay the shipping in one way & our company will blast, do the new 2 stage coating & ship back to you no charge. We also have new matching touch up paint that is exact to the bumper color & sheen for $12 a can that can be used to cover & seal rock chips before the salt starts the corrosion process under the coating on the rest of the bumper. If you dont want to send it in, our coater will reimburse $100 per bumper (provided detailed pictures are provided) toward having it re-coated or painted locally.
I agree with the other members here that $800 is a complete ripoff. When we originally sold these bumpers they were bare metal only, and everyone complained. We spoke with our production shop and struck a deal that if we doubled our order quantities they would powdercoat them no extra charge - we doubled our orders and didnt increase the cost one cent to the customers. Let us know if we can help you out.

Terry
All-Pro
Old 05-08-2008, 03:13 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 416
Quote:
Returning it to All-Pro was not an option as they won't even return my calls.
Call me directly - 951-658-7077 Terry
Old 05-08-2008, 03:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 113213
Thanks for steppin up Terry, I've been trying to decide between an AP and MT front bumper and you're stepping up has made me feel more confident about your product.

Did you that the bumpers you are shipping today are going through a new powdercoating process?

Quote:
the new 2 stage coating
calijetfxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 416
Yes, all bumpers starting last month have a new 2 stage powdercoat process that will eliminate the peeling some have experienced. We also have the matching touchup that will help keep it looking new after incidents on the trail. Right now our front bumpers have free shipping & the rears are on sale, great time to buy!
Old 05-08-2008, 03:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 113213
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocKrawler View Post
Yes, all bumpers starting last month have a new 2 stage powdercoat process that will eliminate the peeling some have experienced. We also have the matching touchup that will help keep it looking new after incidents on the trail. Right now our front bumpers have free shipping & the rears are on sale, great time to buy!

i love a salesman

are they ready to ship?
calijetfxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
DRM
Super Moderator

Member # 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocKrawler View Post
All Pro will have the bumpers re-coated at no charge, you just pay the shipping in one way & our company will blast, do the new 2 stage coating & ship back to you no charge. We also have new matching touch up paint that is exact to the bumper color & sheen for $12 a can that can be used to cover & seal rock chips before the salt starts the corrosion process under the coating on the rest of the bumper. If you dont want to send it in, our coater will reimburse $100 per bumper (provided detailed pictures are provided) toward having it re-coated or painted locally.
I agree with the other members here that $800 is a complete ripoff. When we originally sold these bumpers they were bare metal only, and everyone complained. We spoke with our production shop and struck a deal that if we doubled our order quantities they would powdercoat them no extra charge - we doubled our orders and didnt increase the cost one cent to the customers. Let us know if we can help you out.

Terry
All-Pro
I dunno about the rest of it, but that is some good customer service right there :bigthumbsup:
Old 05-08-2008, 07:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 33381
So if i buy a bumper from you and I tear it up, all I have to do is take pictures of it and you will reimburse me a $100 to get it powdercoated, and there on sale sweet
EastCoastGearSupply.com
919-672-2705
cperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:57 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 7797
Quote:
Originally Posted by cperry View Post
So if i buy a bumper from you and I tear it up, all I have to do is take pictures of it and you will reimburse me a $100 to get it powdercoated, and there on sale sweet
If you buy a bumper from All-Pro and you send me pictures of you totally gettin it Pirate style tearing up your All-Pro bumper I'll give you a new bumper!

JonB
Jon Bundrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:10 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 103968
Send a message via AIM to monniepoo
What do the all pro bumpers look like? I need a new bumper mine is all jacked up

Last edited by monniepoo; 05-08-2008 at 10:11 PM.
monniepoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 20739
Send a message via AIM to EarlKann
Quote:
Originally Posted by monniepoo View Post
What do the all pro bumpers look like? I need a new bumper mine is all jacked up
Ummmmmmm........

www.allprooffroad.com

Does your mommy still cut your crusts off?

BTW: The AllPro FJ bumper looks badass and makes me want to buy an FJ just to run one.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:53 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 103968
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlKann View Post
Ummmmmmm........

www.allprooffroad.com

Does your mommy still cut your crusts off?

BTW: The AllPro FJ bumper looks badass and makes me want to buy an FJ just to run one.
No Im the mommy
Old 05-08-2008, 10:56 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 103968
I think I saw that at the Calico Clean up Looks awesome!
Old 05-08-2008, 11:07 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 19959
The bumper looks good, yeah check the site. Mine has taken hits from the Hammers as well as a very minor truck collision (sorry Noe!!!). AP sells good stuff, so that's not the issue. If you are charged for having a bumper outstanding, that makes sense. I am certain they wouldn't keep your $$ when they get the original bumper back, they wouldn't be in business this long if they did stuff like that. Why powder coat when there is Hammerite available???
chivobones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:11 AM   #23 (permalink)
I brought the beer

Member # 10203
Send a message via ICQ to JeepRecoveryTeam Send a message via AIM to JeepRecoveryTeam Send a message via Yahoo to JeepRecoveryTeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Bundrant View Post
If you buy a bumper from All-Pro and you send me pictures of you totally gettin it Pirate style tearing up your All-Pro bumper I'll give you a new bumper!

JonB
Is that like 'double dog daring' him to do it
Old 05-09-2008, 09:17 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by calijetfxr View Post
i love a salesman

are they ready to ship?
Yes, in stock & ready to ship today !
Old 05-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #25 (permalink)
4" penis

Member # 2931
i guess this is what happens when you start catering to the fj cruiser customer, the normal wheeling comunity would be proud of there trail scars and dents, these guys cry about there paint/finish flaking off the body armor?? silly...UPS could do more damage to a product than the hammers from what ive seen lately

4sale: 37x17 radial irok(spare) Xterrain(70%)and 36x17(50%)bias$50-100, FOA airbumps w cans$200/pair(2 sets, no leaks), drilled/ tapped ifs box$150. PM for pics via text
Booger Weldz is online now   Reply With Quote