List of popular mods for FJ's - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - FJ Cruiser
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 11:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 131115
List of popular mods for FJ's

Aloha Folks....just started a small business offering aftermarket part to off-road enthusiast in Hawaii. I am currently specializing in Jeep JK products however I would like to expand my lines to cater to FJ's also.

I have to admit that I have no clue about FJ products therefore I am trying to do my research and asking a lot of questions. I would like to see/hear what are some of the more popular mods for the FJ's. Trying to get an idea of what items I should consider keeping in stock. I have folks on island already giving me ideas however, I am just trying to get as big of perspective as possible. Thanks in advance for all the help....

Rich
Richie Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 87
Send a message via AIM to GRMhick
Skidplates, then sliders, then heavy duty lower links, then 3" lift, then 33s, then front bumper, then winch, then rear bumper. In that order.

Last edited by GRMhick; 03-23-2009 at 11:56 PM.
GRMhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2009, 12:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 131115
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRMhick View Post
Skidplates, then sliders, then heavy duty lower links, then 3" lift, then 33s, then front bumper, then winch, then rear bumper. In that order.
Thank you...looks like good advice!
Old 03-26-2009, 08:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 131546
If you want to carry quality products contact Metal Tech. High quality Tube bumper, Sliders, Lower Control Arms, Winch mount, Tube Doors... and a few other goodies. Check the other forums and you'll see they have a great reputation and have been in the Cruiser world for a long time.

Good luck to you.
lgrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 90704
Ya'll haven't been to Hawaii much have you, they jack their trucks to the sky and go muddin through pineapple fields, and maybe Maybe hit the lava field (it they want to slash a tire).

Keep Rough Country and Pro Crap 6" Lifts in stock and every 35" tire you can get your hands on, and it should take care of the wannabe wheelers.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 101125
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgrt View Post
If you want to carry quality products contact Metal Tech. High quality Tube bumper, Sliders, Lower Control Arms, Winch mount, Tube Doors... and a few other goodies. Check the other forums and you'll see they have a great reputation and have been in the Cruiser world for a long time.

Good luck to you.
Yeah! what he said! Seriously - Metal tech makes some nice stuff for the FJ's. There stuff is and the customer service is awesome.
FJCruisin_Wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 2537
I ran Kajobuilt on Oahu for a little over a year and did pretty good for myself building custom bumpers with DOM tube for all makes and models ( I special ordered it to the Island and also sold to other fabricators since no one else could find any). I also was a trail-gear dealer and found a decent way to get bulk items shipped for a decent price. I had to do large orders but was able to do so on an almost weekly basis wiht my customer base.

As far as FJs I did a nice tube bumper for a Cruiser that is on my old sight still. I had several orders for it but ended up retiring from the Army anc closing down my business. I also sold several sets of Trail Gears Sliders. I was going to start ordering the budbuilt skidplates to sell there since I had several customers inquire about them.

If you want some of my old shipping contacts and or metal ordering contacts send me a PM. I KNOW how they wheel there and also know where some decent trails are on Oahu.

4Runner build version 3.0

RightCoast4X4

SFC, US Army (Retired)
Cancer Survivor since 01/2002
Kajo4x4toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:26 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 131115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajo4x4toy View Post
I ran Kajobuilt on Oahu for a little over a year and did pretty good for myself building custom bumpers with DOM tube for all makes and models ( I special ordered it to the Island and also sold to other fabricators since no one else could find any). I also was a trail-gear dealer and found a decent way to get bulk items shipped for a decent price. I had to do large orders but was able to do so on an almost weekly basis wiht my customer base.

As far as FJs I did a nice tube bumper for a Cruiser that is on my old sight still. I had several orders for it but ended up retiring from the Army anc closing down my business. I also sold several sets of Trail Gears Sliders. I was going to start ordering the budbuilt skidplates to sell there since I had several customers inquire about them.

If you want some of my old shipping contacts and or metal ordering contacts send me a PM. I KNOW how they wheel there and also know where some decent trails are on Oahu.
Mahalo brah! PM sent...
Old 04-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 132106
fj exaust

Another cool mod is a ss exauhst wich i just so happen to have for sale still new in box won at tds wil make some one a good deal on this call 909-273-7416 and ask for brian
k&slrubi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Not a Wenzelite

Member # 44480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Rich View Post
Aloha Folks....just started a small business offering aftermarket part to off-road enthusiast in Hawaii. I am currently specializing in Jeep JK products however I would like to expand my lines to cater to FJ's also.
See if you can get set up as an Interco dealer.

Boggers are HUGE mods to every 4x4 there!!
MT4Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 89000
There is a FJ forum that has a Hawaii specific section. You could ask FJ owners that live on the islands. PM me and I will give you the site.
mtrent3450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Chilidawg - Not Jim

Member # 88571
Location: Cameron Park, CA Near the Rubicon, Stop By On Your Way Up
Transfer Case Solutions

Check out this interview with Sol Bechtold that 4wd Toyota Owners Magazine recently published about his FJ Cruiser and the modifications that he's done. Admittedly it flatters the Inchworm Lefty Double Transfer Cases, but for good reason!

Like Inchworm Gear On Facebook!

We will meet or beat any written Trail Gear price quote!
Inchwormgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:03 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 121349
icon suspension offers alot of product
Old 06-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 98229
2" seat riser so you can see
Lemony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 182534
For some of the best MODS for an FJ you can't beat MetalTech! I have their bumper and love it. See link below.
https://www.metaltech4x4.com/default.aspx
Suspension, bumpers, sliders, roll cage, ICON, Total Chaos, Old Man Emu, ARB, PIAA, Metal-tech, FJ Cruiser, Tacoma, Land Cruiser
nateand101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 49474
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateand101 View Post
For some of the best MODS for an FJ you can't beat MetalTech! I have their bumper and love it. See link below.
https://www.metaltech4x4.com/default.aspx
Suspension, bumpers, sliders, roll cage, ICON, Total Chaos, Old Man Emu, ARB, PIAA, Metal-tech, FJ Cruiser, Tacoma, Land Cruiser

Way to bring a two year old thread back to life!!
Fo-runna is offline   Reply With Quote