22r-e Wiring Made Easy - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Formula Toy Forum
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2006, 08:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
ORS

Member # 76423
22r-e Wiring Made Easy

This may not be rocket science, but wiring a 22R-E into a buggy can be challenging for many and "not fun" for all.

For anyone interested, we manufacture a wiring harness that makes the wiring simple. Our harness takes place of the "dash" or "body" harness in the Toyota fuel injection system, which contains about 40% of this circuit. The ECU and engine (injector) harness is still needed in conjunction with ours.

The ORS harness connects directly to the engine harness and the ECU. From there the installer provides a start, ignition, battery, and ground signals. Also contained are leads to wire the fuel pump, guages, and speed sensor sighnals. All emissions and diagnostic systems are still in place if needed.

Check out this link for more info (scroll to the bottom): http://www.offroadsolutions.com/prod...e_upgrades.htm
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2006, 01:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 292
If you would be willing to donate one for a product review, I would install in on a Formula Toy and write up a prouct review on it.

PM me if you are interested. There are several people in the process of buying SDS fuel management systems because they have been tried and trued on this website. Your product howeverappears to be worth looking at.
X-Chassis #12
6 time KOH finisher
2008/2009 W.E. Rock West Coast Series Champion
2008 Pro Rock Champion
Just "HAMMER" it!!
My Buildup /forum/general-4x4-discussion/298203-desertoy-mustard-dog-build-pair-x-chassis.html
desertoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2006, 04:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 1088
We'll be using this on our ftoy. I think the SDS is more tuning friendly, but the stock can be tuned to a point. We're also looking at it cost wise, weatherproof, and replacement part ease.

Thank you to our loyal customers!

Diamond Axle
http://www.diamondaxle.com

Diamond axled buggies take 2 1st's, at Worlds WEROCK!!

Front Range Off-Road Fab with NEW forum!
http://www.frontrangeoffroadfab.com

NEW BUILD FTOY #44
/forum/toyota-formula-toy-forum/562295-front-range-builds-new-toy-old-toy-44-a.html
Brian Ellinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 6380
Nice product.

I would never guess that it would cost $500 + core though
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
boulder buddha

Member # 3886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood
Nice product.

I would never guess that it would cost $500 + core though
its because it takes 17 hours to get those 12 wires out of the body harness

unfortunately toyota wont source the ecu and harness plugs anymore, that would make everyones life a lot simpler
Old 08-22-2006, 09:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 1088
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnob
its because it takes 17 hours to get those 12 wires out of the body harness

unfortunately toyota wont source the ecu and harness plugs anymore, that would make everyones life a lot simpler
If I remember right, the late model is all new plugs (hence no core). The early is some core plugs. What Im not sure on is the late kit is 450. Is the early kit 500 plus core or does the 500 include core? Mike?

Thank you to our loyal customers!

Diamond Axle
http://www.diamondaxle.com

Diamond axled buggies take 2 1st's, at Worlds WEROCK!!

Front Range Off-Road Fab with NEW forum!
http://www.frontrangeoffroadfab.com

NEW BUILD FTOY #44
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=562295
Brian Ellinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:35 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 14048
It takes 12 hours to do, your charging $500+ core, that's $41.66/hour.
No thanks, I'll by myself allot of beer sit down and do it myself.

www.keystonekrawlers.com
willbeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Chubby Chaser

Member # 7889
Send a message via AIM to Mustard Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by willbeis
It takes 12 hours to do, your charging $500+ core, that's $41.66/hour.
No thanks, I'll by myself allot of beer sit down and do it myself.
Dude that's a cheap shop rate, he's just gettin by on that after all his business overhead is handled.
Hendrix XR Chassis #001

Ultra4 #66 4Wheel Parts, Raceline, PSC, Bilstein, Marlin Crawler, Smittybilt, HendriX, PacificFab, G2 Axle, PAC Spring, G&J, MAXXIS

Roxy's in the industry and I'm a sponsored professional driver. The two of us together make a powerhouse.

Accepting the things I cannot change.
Mustard Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 03:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 14048
I don't believe that for a second.
Once you do one, it's all cake after that.
We don't pay that kind of shop rate on the right coast.

www.keystonekrawlers.com
Old 08-25-2006, 05:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
boulder buddha

Member # 3886
Quote:
id like to know how many shops are charging less that that, most everything out here is 70$ plus an hour.
i wouldnt make you one for less than that, no matter how many beers.

Last edited by gnob; 08-25-2006 at 05:58 PM.
gnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
ORS

Member # 76423
The earlier harnesses cost more becuase there is a lot more circuit to cover. More than half of the older engine circuit is in our harness. Even without providing new connectors, it's an expensive harness to build, due to labor and materials.

With either harness, the terminal cost is unreal. That's just a fact with Toyota wiring. We want these to plug directly into your stuff, that is why these people spend their hard-earned money on our product. That costs.

You are also getting high quality construction - you won't have to worry about it. This is no late night, garage-built, loose wire job that you'll always be F***ing with.

We also see many engines "barely" wired up, just enough to run. This is not what we do. With our harness, the engine will run just like it did in the donor vehicle. When fully and properly installed, our harness will allow full emission system use and no check engine lights.

We really wish we could sell theses cheaper and help all you guys out. That would increase our sales and make the people who share our passion with us happier. This price is what it takes to provide a quality product with customer service to back it.

We also understand that this is not impossible for many to do themselves. There are plenty of people that can build their own quality harness without our help. That is great. We offer this product for those who can't or don't want to.

We greatly appreciate you all taking the time to read our thread. Let us know if we can help.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
ORS

Member # 76423
Quote:
The right coast?? What contintent do you live on?

I am not aware of a single quality custom shop rate for less than $45/hour. Most places that I am aware of are $70 plus.......
Old 08-26-2006, 05:42 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 14048
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORS
The earlier harnesses cost more becuase there is a lot more circuit to cover. More than half of the older engine circuit is in our harness. Even without providing new connectors, it's an expensive harness to build, due to labor and materials.

With either harness, the terminal cost is unreal. That's just a fact with Toyota wiring. We want these to plug directly into your stuff, that is why these people spend their hard-earned money on our product. That costs.

You are also getting high quality construction - you won't have to worry about it. This is no late night, garage-built, loose wire job that you'll always be F***ing with.

We also see many engines "barely" wired up, just enough to run. This is not what we do. With our harness, the engine will run just like it did in the donor vehicle. When fully and properly installed, our harness will allow full emission system use and no check engine lights.

We really wish we could sell theses cheaper and help all you guys out. That would increase our sales and make the people who share our passion with us happier. This price is what it takes to provide a quality product with customer service to back it.

We also understand that this is not impossible for many to do themselves. There are plenty of people that can build their own quality harness without our help. That is great. We offer this product for those who can't or don't want to.

We greatly appreciate you all taking the time to read our thread. Let us know if we can help.

That's good to know,quality should be #1.

www.keystonekrawlers.com
Old 09-06-2006, 08:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66259
i'm installing a 22re in my scout 800 and this would be nice, but it's hard to justify the cost when i only spent 500.00 on a motor with less than 90,000 miles. what's the core charge for? if i had a core why do i need your harness?
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
ORS

Member # 76423
The core charge is $50 for the '85-'88 harness. There is no core on the '89-'95 stuff.

You could use the body harness that you have. You have to adapt it to your Scout entirely, or put it in place over the existing harness. You will also have to decide how to incorporate the proper circuits to make the engine circuit work. This can be time consuming and messy. We offer this harness as an alternative to these methods.

Our harness will replace the body harness in your setup, allowing you to leave the Scout wiring system in place. The ORS harness is simple and makes for a very clean EFI install. Let us know if we can help.