I couldnt be MORE PROUD!! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Formula Toy Forum
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 17785
I couldnt be MORE PROUD!!

Well we went back to Clayton, OK for New Years and I gave my rig a beating! I followed rigs from ARB'd Yotas with Red Label Crawler high dollar shit to 47" LTB spinning rigs with 502 Chevy's in them to Rockwell'd with 44's! I beat the holy shit out of it to once again find a weak link......but once again NOTHING! Well I busted out my headlights, burnt a new Corbeau harness in two on the exhaust and bent my tierod and ram......that was fixed with a winch and tree. I went on my side three times and with a little help from the guys went out with no winch. I put it on the lid once being stupid but flipped it, cranked it and drove on. Man Im talking 2nd gear, 5K RPM clutch dumps, all wheels hopping 6" to a foot off the ground and hammering the fuck out of it! It just went. Everyone there was just amazed what that little leaf sprung, no paint having, no shock having buggy would go up! Im still smiling! These are some very capable rigs here and Im proud to say I own one! Build on fellows and if you need some inspiration just come ride with me sometime!
Old 01-04-2009, 09:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 78096
Congrats. Post up some pics and video if you have any.
Jeep07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 17785
I have both as soon as I get them from my buddy. I believe the vid is from one of the flops.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 292
That's good to hear. It's funny, people don't believe me when I tell them just how capable a Formula Toy is on the trail. Everyone wants to link them before they try them first. It sounds like you prooved yourself this weekend.
X-Chassis #12
6 time KOH finisher
2008/2009 W.E. Rock West Coast Series Champion
2008 Pro Rock Champion
Just "HAMMER" it!!
My Buildup /forum/general-4x4-discussion/298203-desertoy-mustard-dog-build-pair-x-chassis.html
desertoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 78096
Now that i've got more HP in mine I love it.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 92235
Awesome. The car will continue to impress you.

Hopefully we can wheel together one day. i want to see OK and TX.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
a2b

Member # 22547
my guess you will be even more surprised when you get some stickys, another tcase and some shocks. they make a world of difference. you will crawl stuff with that setup when you used to have to do 5k drops as you refered to.
a2b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 30134
It's funny, alot of the guy's that are 4 linked with HP will watch you crawl something they have to thrash the piss out of their junk to make, and still tell you how much leaf spring suck.
We were at Chili Challenge last year. I crawled the last fall on Habanero Revenge. One of my friends on 40" stickies all linked up and standing on the gas took about 10 tries and finally got it. He don't talk much about that

Sounds like your having a good time with the rig.
azyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Haulin or Crawlin

Member # 96029
Pictures please
Old 01-06-2009, 02:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 17785
Bare with me on the pics and stuff guys. I work 7 on/7 off and pretty much had to head to work as soon as I got back. My buddies wife has most of the pics so waiting on them to email me and do the editing on the video.

The problem is I like the 5K drops....! Crawling is boring

I too have a buddy that is so pro linkage..... He is running red labels on his and Im running the 38" SX's......I dont think I will ever try another tire. I am thoroughly impressed with them.

As far as the tcase goes I will probably put the 4.7's in the back case when I finally pull the tranny to fix the 3rd/4th gear. Right now Im just glad to have it done and wheeling the piss out of it. Paint, side panels are way higher on the list of things to do.

Whenever you guys wanna wheel Texas/Ok just give me a shout. Clayton is by far the best wheeling close to me. Barnwell Mountain is closer but pretty much sucks. There are a few decent trails but most of them only have one good obstacle near the end. I want to make it down to Katemcy this spring or summer and see what that is all about.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
a2b

Member # 22547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex1978 View Post
Bare with me on the pics and stuff guys. I work 7 on/7 off and pretty much had to head to work as soon as I got back. My buddies wife has most of the pics so waiting on them to email me and do the editing on the video.

The problem is I like the 5K drops....! Crawling is boring

I too have a buddy that is so pro linkage..... He is running red labels on his and Im running the 38" SX's......I dont think I will ever try another tire. I am thoroughly impressed with them.

As far as the tcase goes I will probably put the 4.7's in the back case when I finally pull the tranny to fix the 3rd/4th gear. Right now Im just glad to have it done and wheeling the piss out of it. Paint, side panels are way higher on the list of things to do.

Whenever you guys wanna wheel Texas/Ok just give me a shout. Clayton is by far the best wheeling close to me. Barnwell Mountain is closer but pretty much sucks. There are a few decent trails but most of them only have one good obstacle near the end. I want to make it down to Katemcy this spring or summer and see what that is all about.

maybe after KOH. i have always wanted to wheel oklahoma....since they roll their joints all wrong
Old 01-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 17785
Here is a video my buddy took. This is the first "flop."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr7Rt3N4QzI&eurl=
Old 01-06-2009, 02:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 17785
I couldnt get up that first line so I had to back down where I rolled over. After I got back straight again I went up that big slab rock and flogged it......she went up then.

Notice at the first of the video the wheel doing 50 mph inside the tire......beadlocks maybe?? LOL!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 78096
Either Go dual cases or 4.7's in the case. I think you could have made that first line (speaking from video perspective only) but your also still getting used to the rig (I'm still getting used to mine and I've had it a year) so i can understand taking a different line. Before to long you'll be walking stuff that used to take your 5k drops. Save the 5k stuff for the wet weather
Old 01-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 17785
Ive already got dual cases, just no 4.7's in the back case. Pretty sure I couldnt have made that line with 20.7's in the back case. Hell I saw ALLOT of huge buggies, small buggies with way more gearing get hung up there. They all had to take the big rock.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 38006
Cool vid man, was your tire wedged under a rock on that "flop" stopping you from goin all the way over? If not that's really friggen impressive!

P.S. I think you need better shocks
Old 01-06-2009, 06:40 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 17785
No it wasnt wedged. There was just a pretty good rock on my driver side that kept me from coming on over plust the passenger helped too. What is funny is I did the same thing except on the passenger side on another trail.

Shocks are overrated
Old 01-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
a2b

Member # 22547
double low, rear wheel drive only, front brake, rear locker on, turn driver as the tires scrubs....that would of gotten you out of the tipsy position

Last edited by a2b; 01-06-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 76828
Send a message via Yahoo to BLUE VEIN THROBBER
sweet man i agree...

those high dollars rigs man i tell you, i have to addmit i love them aswell, i also love seeing the little/ or under dog guys for (lack of a better word) keep up, or spank that ass
BLUE VEIN THROBBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:36 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 66153
I was watching that video just waiting for it to go over. These rigs sure dont like to go over without a fight lol
F-TOY #36

Last edited by Ricks72ntx; 01-07-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Ricks72ntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:03 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 17785
Here is another that has some more footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PM85uMHl7U&eurl
Old 01-07-2009, 03:05 AM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 17785
Damn tree really got in my way......LOL!
Old 01-07-2009, 09:51 AM   #23 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 21282
sweet!

Recommended Stuff: InnerAirlock - TrailerGuy
91blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:50 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 14070
Buggy looks pretty good for an oilfield hand.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:51 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 45609
Nice Video's I let you stay in my camper and you call my buggy high dollar shit. Now I know how you feel about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex1978 View Post
Well we went back to Clayton, OK for New Years and I gave my rig a beating! I followed rigs from ARB'd Yotas with Red Label Crawler high dollar shit to 47" LTB spinning rigs with 502 Chevy's in them to Rockwell'd with 44's! I beat the holy shit out of it to once again find a weak link......but once again NOTHING! Well I busted out my headlights, burnt a new Corbeau harness in two on the exhaust and bent my tierod and ram......that was fixed with a winch and tree. I went on my side three times and with a little help from the guys went out with no winch. I put it on the lid once being stupid but flipped it, cranked it and drove on. Man Im talking 2nd gear, 5K RPM clutch dumps, all wheels hopping 6" to a foot off the ground and hammering the fuck out of it! It just went. Everyone there was just amazed what that little leaf sprung, no paint having, no shock having buggy would go up! Im still smiling! These are some very capable rigs here and Im proud to say I own one! Build on fellows and if you need some inspiration just come ride with me sometime!
Everyone was amazed the motor didn't blow up buddy! I had a good time wheeling with you on the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertoy View Post
That's good to hear. It's funny, people don't believe me when I tell them just how capable a Formula Toy is on the trail. Everyone wants to link them before they try them first. It sounds like you prooved yourself this weekend.
His rig does great, but in Clayton, OK some of the trails are way harder with leaf springs. Approach angle because a key part in get up on something, or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep07 View Post
Either Go dual cases or 4.7's in the case. I think you could have made that first line (speaking from video perspective only) but your also still getting used to the rig (I'm still getting used to mine and I've had it a year) so i can understand taking a different line. Before to long you'll be walking stuff that used to take your 5k drops. Save the 5k stuff for the wet weather
I have a yota drive train buggy with dual cases with 4.7's in the back and 37" reds and I couldn't crawl that line. After I got my little spotter out of the rig I end up have to drop the hammer down to get up it. When we are on the trails all he does is screams at me saying he going to steal one of my shifters because I drive to slow for him.