Pirate 4x4 banner

F-Toy #40, The Taco80 F-Limo build

60K views 187 replies 31 participants last post by  Ezalycasaid 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally I can post a build thread in this forum!

-FToy Hendrix chassis #40, brought back from the dead in a back yard in NC from FToy forum for sale
-'96 Taco 2.7L
-5 speed
-MC 23 spline duals with chromo 4.7s and Longfield output
-2 piece Hendrix front shaft and flat belly
-PSC full hydraulic steering
-FJ80 front, e-locker, 4.10s, chromo FJ80 Longfields
-Diamond rear :D:D with 9.5" 80 series 3rd, 4.10s, and chromo Tacoma width shafts
-FToy specific Alcans springs front and rear bought from FToy forum for sale
-14" Fox reservoir shocks
-42" IROKs
-Creeper Locks from WabFab
-4 seater, maybe 4 full, probably bench back

I'm basically turning my old Tacoma into a "modified" FToy and upgrading parts at the same time. IF I get to do any comps, it will be something localish like ECORS or some hill climbs or something.

After breaking tons of parts on my 4Runner on the '07 Ultimate Adventure, Ben Swain form Slee Offroad convinced me to build a rig that was not a piece of shit. I then spent a toooo long of a time building the untilmate Taco. It was awesome in the end and the best climbing TRUCK Ive ever been around.

After I went on 20 rides on 39.5"s with no major carnage, I got bored and wanted a buggy. I found a sweet all Toy buggy and sold the Taco to a buddy.

I love the buggy/ light weight/ awesome visiblity and loved staying all Toyota, but this one was a tiny comp chassis and I really missed my 2.7. So I bought the Taco back and sold that same guy the buggy that I only had for 8 months! My buddies think Im reatarded to go back to leafs, but Id rather build a really nice leaf sprung buggy than a crappy 4 link buggy.

You probably dont care about all of that, but I dont have any good fab skills so Ill bedazzle with bullshit :D

Old rig pics

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I have suspension seats from CA, carrier bearing from Hendrix, wiring harness from CO, 3rd from NC, 3rd from CO, Diamond from CO, all enroute to my house.

Im have a Heep backseat already. Its 35" wide, but its really ok if youre frendly with the person youre sitiing with or for kids. In an actual Heep, you legs are so smushed you have to sit sideways and thats why they suck, so Im going to try to make it work here by streatching out a little.

Im still missing
-17" AL beadlocks----Thanks Brian at WabFab for the CreeperLocks!
-steering wheel assembly
-harnesses for back seat/s
-syn winch line
-39"s stickes (just like everybody else)
-nice shocks-----Thanks Mobil1
-bump stops

If you have any of that still for sale let me know!

I can actually call this a build thread now because I started on my frame last night! I figure its not comp legal so Im cheating where ever I can. The Taco frame was crap. I straight up just stole everything I could from Pooks brothers thread where he built his own frame and ran leafs and Toy axles

Attachments

#5 ·
Thats about it for now.

Ive got three days off this weekend and hope to have the frotn leafs hung, sitting on front axle, motor and cases hung, and maybe the chassis at least kind of sitting on top for fitment. I can pretty much play in the garage all night as long as the kids are alseep, so from 9ish-till??? I really dont want this to drag on toooo long, Ive got the parts, its just a mater of me putting it all together. Ive got another week ofg in three weeks that that will help too.

Ive got to go ahead and thank

-Christo Slee at Slee Offroad
-Ben -Swainbuilt
-All the other HGC retards
-Chris -Mobil1syn
-Rob -Yield2Me
-Shawn -MT4Runner
-ZMAN
-and all of my local Tachedout homies.

I bug the hell out of these guys daily and this half-ass build would only be a quarter-ass build without their help!

#17 · (Edited)
That was a good trip. Bring that Ftoy down to Auburn when you get it built.

I like in that video around 5:54 when the tree gets back at me and drops that huge limb on my roof and then what's really funny is Mathews ricer impersonation around 6:00 with his front drive assault!

#27 ·
The Wabbit doesn't wheel! He's too busy HOOKING me up with some aluminum beadlocks! :D Woot!:D

I buying all this stuff from out west and felt it was my duty to
support my crosstown Toyota vendor! Thanks Brian H.!
Gotta be like the rock monkey huh! Bling :flipoff2:

#29 ·
It's got a plastic piece on it that says rock monkey-was on there when I bought it. Yeah, wheels are shiny which I'm not crazy about. But I'm too lazy to paint or powder coat them. I like the dull look of Walker Evans, but the price was right on these.

#32 · (Edited)
While I was stealing my font end back on Sat, I drove this and felt like i was cheating on the F-Limo.

400hp and basically stock gearing. A little different than what Im planning....

The ole Rock Tractor looked sad waiting for its new mini front end. I went ahead and cut off most of those retarded 4 link brackets of the 80 front

Attachments

#35 ·
Clay, might as well go ahead and rebuild/cleanup the elocker motor while it's out. There is a writeup on here about it. That's about the only thing that goes wrong with them, the motor either gets full of gunk or out of alignment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.