Looking For A Hardtop For My '69! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Land Cruiser
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2003, 03:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 12186
Looking For A Hardtop For My '69!

Hey guys I'm still looking for a hardtop! Anyone got a decent top in or near Az? I'm ready to build a new cage but I don't want to until I get a lid for the rig. I want to maximize my interior space by building to the extents of what the top will allow so I'm hoping to score a top soon. Let me know what you got hangin around!
Old 08-19-2003, 03:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Metal-tech'in

Member # 10420
I bet you could trade two full Jerry cans in Phoenix for one right now. Ok bad joke.

Another option of course is to measure up a friendís rig to get your maximum dimensions. One thing to consider: If you push your cage to the extremes inside the hard top plan on having to toss your soft top in the drier for a few hours before you put it on. All but the OEM soft-tops dip inward where you donít expect them too and will make install tough. (The OEM soft-tops have the most interior space over non-OEM)

If you ever plan to run a soft-top, take that into consideration as well with your cage design. Ask me how I know this!

Good luck!

Mark

BTW: I have a pristine 78í top but itís too far from AZ
Old 08-19-2003, 03:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 15372
Send a message via AIM to Slowerthanu
Quote:
Originally posted by helocat
I bet you could trade two full Jerry cans in Phoenix for one right now. Ok bad joke.

Another option of course is to measure up a friendís rig to get your maximum dimensions. One thing to consider: If you push your cage to the extremes inside the hard top plan on having to toss your soft top in the drier for a few hours before you put it on. All but the OEM soft-tops dip inward where you donít expect them too and will make install tough. (The OEM soft-tops have the most interior space over non-OEM)

If you ever plan to run a soft-top, take that into consideration as well with your cage design. Ask me how I know this!

Good luck!

Mark

BTW: I have a pristine 78í top but itís too far from AZ
I agree, my old cage fit awesome with the hardtop but did not with my bestop soft top.

I recommend you build it to fit around you and not your top, keeping it clear of heads and shoulders.

"Just remember, you are unique............Just like everybody else!"
Slowerthanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 04:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 12186
I understand what you're saying about the soft top and I plan on measuring to both when I build the cage (I already have a Bestop). My plan though, like I said, is to maximize room inside for the entire family while protecting them also. I sure as hell ain't gonna skimp on safety for comfort but I don't plan on overbuilding either.

Don't think that '78 lid would work for me anyway Helo!
Old 08-19-2003, 04:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 7345
hard top

I have a nice hard top for sell in the Sacramento area. It's painted green and has the hatch in back. It's off of my father's 73. Let me know if your interested.
gmciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 05:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 1849
bman-

I have pieces to a hard top you can buy off me in Tucson. Don't have the fiberglass, but may end up with one in a few days.

PM me offlist.

rick
rick d is offline   Reply With Quote