FJ60 Body Lift..where to get one? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Land Cruiser
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2004, 09:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 13920
FJ60 Body Lift..where to get one?

Anyone have a source for a 2" body lift for a 60? Thanks for any info!!
snowman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 12451
http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/BodyLiftKit.shtml
Roger Brown the Truck Tech Editor of the Toyota Trails makes an awesome kit. I have helped instal 4 here local TornadoAlley people.. Very complete very easy to instal.
tornadoalleycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2004, 12:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 9845
1 Word of advise. Inspect your body mounts before you make a purchase. If yours are like mine were, they crumbled in my hands. So I had to have roger overnight me a body mount kit. Unfortunately the post office decided that overnight meant a week.

Good stuff.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 12451
I would buy the body mount kit from Roger with the body lift. You will need to contact Roger prior to him shipping them as the different 60 series body mounts are different widths in different spots and Roger will need to turn down the body mounts to fit your exact application. Certainly easy to do in a weekend.. Chef and I did 2 FJ60's in a day here in TornadoAlley..

Hardest part will be moving your old carpet out da way and dropping in the new bolts.. Oh that and removing the cover plate over the rear most body mount. I think we had to put that bolt in upside down as it won't fit in the channel under the taillights and drop down thru the body mount.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 9851
Russia, check with FX2
Old 03-04-2004, 07:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 15372
Send a message via AIM to Slowerthanu
Quote:
Originally posted by Cruzilla
Russia, check with FX2
ha ha, I was thinking the same thing.

"Just remember, you are unique............Just like everybody else!"
Slowerthanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 07:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 19465
Send a message via ICQ to BumperJumper Send a message via AIM to BumperJumper Send a message via Yahoo to BumperJumper
I've been planning to do a 1 or 1.5" body lift on my '62 when I do the rest of the lift. Is there anything I should keep in mind when lifting the body (aside from getting new mounts) or is it pretty cut n' dry?

USAF Active Duty, proudly serving
BumperJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 13912
Quote:
Originally posted by BumperJumper
I've been planning to do a 1 or 1.5" body lift on my '62 when I do the rest of the lift. Is there anything I should keep in mind when lifting the body (aside from getting new mounts) or is it pretty cut n' dry?
Of the 3-4 we've done around here, we've had no issues, but, watch all electrical/coolant/brake lines etc. We all used 2" lifts, and got the rad/fan shroud to line back up with the motor by "reversing the lower radiator mounts from left to right, and flipping them upside down." Clear as mud?
Old 03-05-2004, 07:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 12451
Might have to keep an eye on the Tcase shifter linkage. Either bend the shifter straighter, or adjust the linkage so it's straighter in the hole in the floor or Clearance the hole so it gets a complete throw.
On an FJ62 you will also need to adjust the automatic shifter linkage. If you go 2" you won't be able to go to 1st gear anymore until you adjust the linkage. There is an adjustment with about 1-2" of movement on the tranny/shifter from underneath. If that is not enough then I would pull the shifter linkage, weld on an addition and go. The FJ62 is a touch harder than the FJ60 but not much.
I had these issues on an FJ62 with 2" body lift. Nothing major as I pulled my drivetrain about a week after the body lift.
A floor jack with a 4x4" and a 2x4" nailed to the other end spreads the load out when raising the body up for instal.

Chef and I did 2 in one day. Not that hard.
You can drive the FJ62 after the lift just not shift into low yet till it's adjusted.