Anyone have an idea - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Land Cruiser
Notices

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2004, 11:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
toyrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 36
Location: Pasadena, Ca.
Posts: 1,413
Anyone have an idea

where this connects to? I looked at the wiring diagram and don't see it! 1978 FJ40 light switch area. Comes from the harness, two red wires to the female spade.
Am I blind, or????
Thanks for any and all help!
Danny
Attached Images
 
__________________
1985 pickup SR5, mall runner

Last edited by toyrunner; 08-22-2004 at 11:15 AM.
toyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Member # 16085
Location: Gig Harbor WA
Posts: 4,101
everything work? if so its prolly just an extra wire for something that your 40 didn't come with in the US

then again it might be for something
__________________
2000UZJ100/92FJ80/90FJ62/86FJ60/82FJ40mustard/82FJ40green/78FJ55/67FJ45LBP/65FJ40LV/65FJ45LV/64FJ45LV/87 Chevy 3/4 ton beater
Landpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2004, 11:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
toyrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 36
Location: Pasadena, Ca.
Posts: 1,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landpimp
everything work? if so its prolly just an extra wire for something that your 40 didn't come with in the US

then again it might be for something
I knew I was forgetting something. The dash lights don't work.
Danny
__________________
1985 pickup SR5, mall runner
toyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Rock God
 
Toploader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Member # 16737
Location: San Carlos ca
Posts: 2,300
If it is un-insulated and has a small tab that sticks out of the back(looks kinda like it in the pic from what I can tell) it is made to fit in the plastic housing of the plug. I would unplug it and make sure that all wire spades match from plug to plug.
__________________
All my shits heavy.
Toploader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
toyrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 36
Location: Pasadena, Ca.
Posts: 1,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by toploader
If it is un-insulated and has a small tab that sticks out of the back(looks kinda like it in the pic from what I can tell) it is made to fit in the plastic housing of the plug. I would unplug it and make sure that all wire spades match from plug to plug.
looks to me there is a spot for it in the wire connector at the end of the lightswitch Musta fallen out on a bump? lol
I'll check it out
danny
__________________
1985 pickup SR5, mall runner
toyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rock God
 
Toploader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Member # 16737
Location: San Carlos ca
Posts: 2,300
Ahhh, you can get a small pick or flat screwdriver and bend that tab up a bit and it should be fine, as thats the only thing that keeps it held in place in the plastic plug. Simply push it back in till it locks in place.
__________________
All my shits heavy.
Toploader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
toyrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 36
Location: Pasadena, Ca.
Posts: 1,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by toploader
Ahhh, you can get a small pick or flat screwdriver and bend that tab up a bit and it should be fine, as thats the only thing that keeps it held in place in the plastic plug. Simply push it back in till it locks in place.
Well, long story shorter, they work. that was the lost connection.
Thanks mucho! So much nicer seeing the guages at night, specially the gas guage!

Danny
__________________
1985 pickup SR5, mall runner

Last edited by toyrunner; 08-22-2004 at 11:52 AM.
toyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.