Pirate 4x4 banner

i fawked up

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  fj40bill 
#1 ·
i was welding some windsheild brackes on my 88 fj62 and a spark went down inside the lower left kick panel. it caught a little black box on fire and the problem is i have no idea what the hell the little black box does. it seems to run fine with the wires disconnected but i want to know for sure. so anyone know what the heck this little black box is for? i am hoping its a power window relay, since i don't have any doors. thanks mike

#3 ·
Can't help you with the black box, but my 4yr old son saw your pics and wants me to "make daddys land cruiser (87 FJ60) look like that one"

#5 ·
some of our 60s, had a black box next to the steering column, which was for trailer brake booster or similar, if it has an adjustment switch on it this could be the one..

if it has white writing and cogs in it, it could be the intermittent switch for your wiper motor......... dont really know, there lots of little boxes up under there!!:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.