treerootCO- hows that t-case mount holding up - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Land Cruiser
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2005, 11:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 25622
treerootCO- hows that t-case mount holding up

yo dude, I was searching the archives and came across pics of your t-case mount and am curious how its holding up. I want to something similar. It looks like something that can be fabbed up pretty easily, and gets the tcase way up into the belly. I am wondering if you have had any issues with it, and looking for something like a post mortem on it. What would you have done different, if anything.

thanks!
Dustin
Old 03-11-2005, 10:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 21073
Send a message via AIM to treerootCO
Rumor is Jeremiah (Proffitts Cruisers) is making ones similar to mine. I haven't called him yet. http://www.proffittscruisers.com/index.html I put the idea out there for everyone including the fabrication shops, so it doesn't bother me at all. If you do call him, and the rumor is true, have him email me a pic of the improved design.

Mine is holding up great. I think if I did it again, I would use round instead of square stock. The T-case is behind an SM465 and the mount as seen in the writeup has the t-case about 1/2" too high. There is plenty of room under the tunnel but it does make contact with the floor.

Last edited by treerootCO; 03-11-2005 at 10:39 AM.
treerootCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2005, 11:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 24859
hey tree , just an update , I put the disc e-brake kit on and it comes with a new drive flange for t-case output and guess what is leaking now , even with Mudrak's double seal. , I did refill it with the torqo from A/A but was curious as to how much fluid you are runnin ? cause the 2 qts. of torqo do not bring it to the hole.....
Old 03-11-2005, 01:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 21073
Send a message via AIM to treerootCO
I bought 3 quarts of mobil1 synthethetic....Put in about 3...let about a half quart drain back down my arm trying to overfill it because I was parked on a hill and feeling lazy. Ended up with 2.5quarts in the t-case