2Fblock-3F head hybrid, can I ????? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Land Cruiser
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2002, 10:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Zog

Member # 7899
2Fblock-3F head hybrid, can I ?????

Yes, I have heard of guys putting a 2F block under a 3F head. That is not my question.
My question is, If I did this WOuld a 2F SOR 2 piece header fit this franken monster? I am guessing no. Basically, I was thinking about EFIing the '78 I am building and I have found a cheap fj62 that runs. The thing is, the 2f is already rebuilt with a lot of head work, and I already have the header for it (sand blasted and painted). If I were to go with the 3f head and intake, would I have to go with either the stock 3f exhaust or a 3f header? I am guessing yes, but I havent looked at a 3f too much to know. I was just thinking it would be cool to have a stock toyota efi on my fj40 or am I just dreaming?

Ricko.
Old 05-01-2002, 08:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Zog

Member # 7899
OK, this obviously isnt as interesting as Spaceghost's thread, but someone help me out.
Never mind the header question. Has anyone put a 3fe head and EFI guts on a 2f block in something other than a fj62/fj80? WOuld it be worth the time to fool with converting it into a fj40?

Oh yeah, That shit looks real good Mike.

Last edited by Zog; 05-01-2002 at 08:57 AM.
Zog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2002, 09:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 6863
It has been discussed before(should work fine)and I think Chet Wagner on the LCML is workign on it right now...

-Brett
Old 05-01-2002, 12:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 2891
don't know if this helps but a friend of mine put a 2F head on a 3F block. He had to shave a lot off the head to get the compression right but it ran like a bat out hell. The cool thing is it look just like a 2F but only about 2-5/8" shorter. Even with the CA smog crap they never caught him. He was able to put a 2F header and the weber carb. I'm not sure of the reason for the 3F head on a 2F block unless it is for EFI. But I'm pretty sure the exhaust and INtake bolts were different but don't take my word on it. That was long ago and many more projects have clouded the old noggin. If you like to know more I can ask him.

[URL="http://www.rubicontrail.org/"]Rubicon Trail Foundation[/URL]
CruzrDave is offline   Reply With Quote