Pirate 4x4 banner

Some new toys for the garage

941 views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  ironpig70 
#1 · (Edited)
well.... tool toys that is.

Started out i got a screamin deal on this 6ft southbend lathe from a guy on ebay that owned a machine shop down in corona,ca that went out of business, won the auction last weekend and left last monday morning at 3am for corona with the flatbed trailer got home at 8pm that night. Well it wasnt all that bad untill i got on ebay the next day and came accross a decent deal on a bridgeport mill, but it was in irwndale,ca LOL. SOO long story short i made two trips down and back in one day to LA last week. But got some sick ass machines to work with now... BTW they are some heavy S.O.B.'s! Here are a few pics...

See less See more
#13 ·
well.... tool toys that is.

Started out i got a screamin deal on this 6ft southbend lathe from a guy on ebay that owned a machine shop down in corona,ca that went out of business, won the auction last weekend and left last monday morning at 3am for corona with the flatbed trailer got home at 8pm that night. Well it wasnt all that bad untill i got on ebay the next day and came accross a decent deal on a bridgeport mill, but it was in irwndale,ca LOL. SOO long story short i made two trips down and back in one day to LA last week. But got some sick ass machines to work with now... BTW they are some heavy S.O.B.'s! Here are a few pics...

What year is your lathe? I inherited an ancient South Bend last fall. You are right, they are VERY heavy.

BTW, there is a very active South Bend group on Yahoo! Groups. (50 posts or so a day).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.