Brake Line Fitting Help - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Tacoma
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 20304
Send a message via AIM to BarrelRoll
Brake Line Fitting Help

Yes I've searched and can't find what I'm looking for.

Twice now sage brush has taken out the hard line that runs from the caliper to the rubber hose (DISCLAIMER I'm not purposly running over sage brush, lots of Northern NV trails see very little traffic and have decent sized bushes growing in the middle of the trail). I want to replace the hard line, rubber flex hose, and other piece of hard line that runs up to the fitting on the frame with a piece of braided stainless line and run a 90 Deg fitting at the caliper.

I gathered that the fitting on the caliper is a 10mm x 1.0 inverted flare. What is the male fitting that attaches to the 90 Degree fitting on the frame? It looks like a bubble flare tube nut but has a standard double flare (the double flare might not be factory).

Does anyone have a source for a 90 Degree elbow that has 10mm x 1.0 inverted flare on 1 side and then what ever on the other side. I've tried searching the next and can't find one, i'll try my parts store tomorow but they suck to put it nicely.

Thanks for any help.

I'm happy this happened 20 miles from my house and not chasing down in Baja, I will be buying 3 lines so I have a spare.

Last edited by BarrelRoll; 04-22-2012 at 05:37 PM.
BarrelRoll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.