Any Done This Swap Yet? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Tacoma
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2007, 05:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 56815
Send a message via MSN to WHITE 85 4RUNNER
Any Done This Swap Yet?

I have a 04 Tacoma Club Cab 2 wheel drive V6 automatic and I am thinking about making it a 4x4 with solid axle conversion.I talked with Inchworm today and asked them what the difference in the 2wd auto transmission was compared to the 4x4 auto transmission other than the obvious like the shaft in the 2wd is threaded on the rear for the yoke and it appears to be the same length to the rear tail shaft where the transfer case bolts on. The shaft spline's are the same according to them also The bolt pattern on the rear appears to be the same also and both of the transmission's have the same model number 30-40LE. The guy told me that It appears that they would bolt together other than the threaded part of the 2wd shaft would need to be cut off and there was a bearing in the front of the case (new style) that looks like it would slide up on the shaft. With all of that said The guy told me that they now have a adapter to bolt a old style gear driven transfer case to the 2wd Prerunner transmission Rt or Lt hand drop depending on axle choice.I want to spend the money wisely on the swap and I know the older syyle case is suppose to be the better of the two.Plus I won't have to swap the transmission. The adapter will cost around $700 plus the transfer case. Has anyone done one of these yet? any input on this will be helpful I did try to search this but didn't find what I was looking for FLAME AWAY
85 RUNNER 38 CUT TSL'S' 8'' ALLIED LOCKS,5.29S,ARB FRONT WELDED REAR 6'' ALLPRO EXTREME, X OVER STEERING,HYDRO ASSIST,BIRF ELIMINATOR,DUAL CASE'S,BUD BUILT SKID,BOBBED,SOFT TOP.EOR EXO CAGE WITH CUSTOM INTERIOR CAGE ON BOARD AIR,WARN 9.5 TI WITH AMSTEEL BLUE ROPE
WHITE 85 4RUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 7233
Send a message via AIM to Wilson
It's a pretty new part, but definitely sounds like the setup for you!
Old 01-23-2007, 05:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 52190
/forum/toyota-tacoma/504902-03-prerunner-4x4-sas.html
Sturbo90 is offline   Reply With Quote