Welcome to the Taco Forum! Please tell us what you want it to be like! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Tacoma
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2007, 12:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cranky Moderator

Member # 2026
Send a message via AIM to steveh
Welcome to the Taco Forum! Please tell us what you want it to be like!

This was long overdue! DRM is moving Taco threads over right and left. Thanks Dave

So folks, we have a brand new forum here, so it's a fresh start. DRM and I want to hear from you members what atmosphere you want in this forum.

So post up, and you set the tone here, and we will respect that.

Thanks!
steveh & DRM

Rubicon Trail Foundation
"Wow this is unbelievable"
10th Anniversary Cantina For the 'Con 2014
steveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
DRM
Super Moderator

Member # 8
I've tried to search through pretty quickly to move threads over that were Tacoma related to get a start on populating this forum. If you know of any that you think need to be moved to this new Tacoma forum, feel free to PM me the link and I'll get to moving them over here.
>"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2007, 12:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 64808
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM View Post
I've tried to search through pretty quickly to move threads over that were Tacoma related to get a start on populating this forum. If you know of any that you think need to be moved to this new Tacoma forum, feel free to PM me the link and I'll get to moving them over here.
Thanks for moving and fixing mine.
BSW Racing,CalRocs,Super Mod #8

[COLOR="Red"]Need tabs, brackets, or diff covers?[/COLOR][url]http://www.ajs4x4.com/ [/url]

[URL="http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500188"]Click for my taco build.[/URL]

Check out my buggy build
[url]http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=669882[/url]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Red"]Bloody Stump Wheelers[/COLOR][/FONT]
TacomaJoe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 69547
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM View Post
I was thinking today if you were going to move them over. I like the seperate forums, makes finding things alot easier.

Build-up

Northeast Toyota Crawlers
thepinktaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 48937
I think its great. I am a little sad that all my favorite toys are not in one place. This will give me a lot more info specific to my truck. Thanks for doing it.

Old 02-23-2007, 04:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 5381
Not a bad idea, but there might be a lot of cross posting, at first at least. Say a guy with a '87 mini is putting a 5vz into his truck and has a question, where does it go? I suppose it has to do with the specifics of the issue, if it's a wiring thing, it would go into the Tacoma room, if its a motor mount thing it would go into the Truck & 4runner room. I just hope it doesn't create too much confusion and result in a lot of redundant posts in multiple rooms.

Last edited by RockHammered; 02-23-2007 at 04:15 PM.
RockHammered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 69547
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHammered View Post
Not a bad idea, but there might be a lot of cross posting, at first at least. Say a guy with a '87 mini is putting a 5vz into his truck and has a question, where does it go? I suppose it has to do with the specifics of the issue, if it's a wiring thing, it would go into the Tacoma room, if its a motor mount thing it would go into the Truck & 4runner room. I just hope it doesn't create too much confusion and result in a lot of redundant posts in multiple rooms.
Im sure either place wouldnt matter since most people are going to read both folders, so it hopefully will only need to be posted once.

Build-up

Northeast Toyota Crawlers
thepinktaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 37467
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
DRM and I want to hear from you members what atmosphere you want in this forum.
I would like the atmosphere to remain thoroughly Pirate. The last thing this folder needs is to become a TTORA/YotaTech mirror. I think the focus should remain firmly planted in extreme rockcrawling. There are plenty of sites that cater to IFS lift questions, and "what size tires can I fit" and "hey check out my neato stereo" discusssions. Pirate doesn't need to become another one. Pirate has its niche, and it should fully retain it with the Tacoma forum. That's my $.02 anyway.
synovus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 72297
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
This was long overdue! DRM is moving Taco threads over right and left. Thanks Dave

So folks, we have a brand new forum here, so it's a fresh start. DRM and I want to hear from you members what atmosphere you want in this forum.

So post up, and you set the tone here, and we will respect that.

Thanks!
steveh & DRM

SWEET! Taco forum!

As for atmosphere, will do just fine
Sisyphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 59076
Quote:
Originally Posted by synovus View Post
I would like the atmosphere to remain thoroughly Pirate. The last thing this folder needs is to become a TTORA/YotaTech mirror. I think the focus should remain firmly planted in extreme rockcrawling. There are plenty of sites that cater to IFS lift questions, and "what size tires can I fit" and "hey check out my neato stereo" discusssions. Pirate doesn't need to become another one. Pirate has its niche, and it should fully retain it with the Tacoma forum. That's my $.02 anyway.
x2
PaulW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 26462
Quote:
Old 02-23-2007, 08:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 37467
Quote:
Originally Posted by init6 View Post
Yes. Pretty much exactly like that, but with more tech.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 37467
By the way, steveh, DRM, and whoever else may be responsible for the creation of the Tacoma forum... THANK YOU!!! It is greatly appreciated by many of us!
Old 02-24-2007, 07:03 AM   #14 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 11141
PM Init6 for advice.

RcRocs 4.3 Toyota Jeep
Moon Buggy Racer on 40s
www.marylandcreepers.com
www.rightcoast4x4.com
CronusTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 12:05 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 74910
Quote:
X2 keep it piratized, there are enough places out there for Taco owners to go find out about the 2-lo mod
archer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 12:06 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 74910
Quote:
Originally Posted by init6 View Post
right back atcha, pal (personal ass-licker). you wanna talk about your pavement pounder/mall crawler, go back to TTORA or the like.

Last edited by archer1965; 02-24-2007 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 11141
Quote:
Originally Posted by archer1965 View Post
right back atcha, pal (personal ass-licker). you wanna talk about your pavement pounder/mall crawler, go back to TTORA or the like.

Idiot

RcRocs 4.3 Toyota Jeep
Moon Buggy Racer on 40s
www.marylandcreepers.com
www.rightcoast4x4.com
Old 02-24-2007, 04:01 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 74910
Quote:
Originally Posted by CronusTRD View Post
Idiot
I've been called worse
Old 02-24-2007, 10:51 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 37810
WOOHOOO! I frequent sites like TTORA, pirate, HAMB, impalassforum and garagejournal, and I must say that I like the hardcore tone on pirate and the HAMB the most. Honestly a lot of the guys on TTORA are shit-talking pusses and there is also a lot of useless posting and misinformation. I would be thrilled if we could start a serious forum here with some good original content. I'm just so sick of people getting all caught up in 'mods' that they see over on yotatech or ttora, and they think that's all there is to do to these trucks. Also, my opinion is that this folder shouldnt necessarily be crawlin only, Taco's do good in the desert too. I have interests in both and would like to see both covered here. And yes, I know there's a desert folder....

Last edited by NTAPHSE; 02-24-2007 at 10:54 PM.
NTAPHSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
Grocery Getter

Member # 59
WTF do we need a separate Taco forum? It only serves to dilute the Toy-mini tech.

Look at how the regular Toy mini forum successfully helped Revivalist with his Taco PreRunner 2wd-4wd/SAS. Nearly all the tech and advice in that thread is applicable to the older minis. There is no need to separate the Tacos- they are the same damn trucks with newer (but still very similar) engines!

You want to know what I want this forum to be like? I want it to be, like, merged back in with the original Truck/4runner forum.
ErikB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 05:17 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 5371
Send a message via MSN to rockota
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikB View Post
WTF do we need a separate Taco forum? It only serves to dilute the Toy-mini tech.

Look at how the regular Toy mini forum successfully helped Revivalist with his Taco PreRunner 2wd-4wd/SAS. Nearly all the tech and advice in that thread is applicable to the older minis. There is no need to separate the Tacos- they are the same damn trucks with newer (but still very similar) engines!

You want to know what I want this forum to be like? I want it to be, like, merged back in with the original Truck/4runner forum.
Actually, as much as I like that Steve and DRM are working hard on making the forum better, I agree with Erik. This runs the risk of becoming YotaTech.com quickly; it's arranged almost the same now. Might just as well create a 79-83, 84-88/89, 89-95, 2005+ Taco... and then separate the 4Runners out as well. Most of the tech is cross over; it applies universally and I'd hate to see it diluted.

All that said, I know the intent is good and it's nice to see the forum "moving forward"...
rockota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:29 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 29832
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikB View Post

My thoughts as well. Why make pirate look segregated like all the other boards?

[SIZE="1"]Toyota Trail Riders, White Trash[/SIZE]
fastrexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:05 PM   #23 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 11141
I agree with ErikB. I run 85 parts on my 2000 Tacoma. What section do I post in with problems?

RcRocs 4.3 Toyota Jeep
Moon Buggy Racer on 40s
www.marylandcreepers.com
www.rightcoast4x4.com
Old 02-26-2007, 09:34 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 64808
Quote:
Originally Posted by CronusTRD View Post
I agree with ErikB. I run 85 parts on my 2000 Tacoma. What section do I post in with problems?
If you have a problem with the 85 parts then post in the truck/4runner section. If the problem is with the taco parts then post in the tacoma section. Its not all that hard to figure out.

I for one like the new set up. I hate having to search through a ton of older toy shit to find tacoma stuff. So keep thing the way they are. Its long over due.
BSW Racing,CalRocs,Super Mod #8

[COLOR="Red"]Need tabs, brackets, or diff covers?[/COLOR][url]http://www.ajs4x4.com/ [/url]

[URL="http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500188"]Click for my taco build.[/URL]

Check out my buggy build
[url]http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=669882[/url]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Red"]Bloody Stump Wheelers[/COLOR][/FONT]
TacomaJoe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:29 AM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 23506
new threads

I am not able to post a NEW THREAD in the Tacoma forum, is there a reason for this? I am able to post new threads elsewhere.
[URL="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v94/swampzr2/blands%2010-18-08/"]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v94/swampzr2/blands%2010-18-08/[/URL]
SWAMPZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote