Pirate 4x4 banner

Just Another 2nd Gen Build

38K views 108 replies 33 participants last post by  1990GT50 
#1 · (Edited)
Project Double D's

So I have been lingering on beginning this thread until I had some more time to work on the truck. So the plan is to build a truck that can be driven comfortably but also can be wheeled reliably. I'm trying to build a truck that can be driven easily to the con and home without a worry. This is more than likely going to be my DD for awhile so that's the plan. Let's get on to the pics. Here is the truck I'm starting with: 1995 4runner Limited 3.0 manual

#7 · (Edited)
Alright, So the plan for the build is as follows...

Rims/Tires
37 in Toyo MT's
17 in Hutchinson Rock Monsters

Axles:

Front:
Currie Rock Jock Center
Reid inner C's and Knuckles
ARB
5.38s
ect

Rear:
Currie Rock Jock Center
Dana 70 outers
ARB
5.38s
ect

Suspension:
Front:
Custom 3-link
2.0 Radflo Bumps
2.5 King Remote Res Coilovers
2.5 King Remote Res bypass (if I can fit)
Swaybar

Rear:
Alcan tacoma springs
2.0 Radflo Bumps
3.0 Radflo Remote Res shocks
Swaybar

Engine:
3.4 Swap
TRD SC
7th injector

Cooling:
Griffin Radiator with electric fan

Trans:
R150f from Inchworm for 3.4 with Slave on driver side

T-Case:
Atlas 4 11.-- to 1?

Obviously sliders, bumpers, ect. We shall see. As of right now the engine, trans, and t-case are together, the rear suspension is mocked in, and the front suspension is nearly mocked up (Many Many thanks to Brian at 4WheelUnderground - He has suspension geometry down to a science and I am so honored to have his help on this project. I would have used his full front kit in a second if it would have worked in anyway with my situation.) Ill get more pics tomorrow

#18 ·
Goddamn thats an expensive list of parts for a DD!:flipoff2:

The work looks good- im right across the bridge if you ever need help working on the truck!:smokin:

#24 · (Edited)
Ok on to the front link setup. I am going to be running a 3-link setup very similar to Brians. With the 3.4 swap I decided to use a R150f from a 3.4 so I could mount it directly to the Atlas. Other than using a newer 6-speed or a toy box between with the stock 150, this was almost the only way. I had already had Dean build the front axle with pass side drop so I knew I needed to keep to that side. So basically on the pass side I am going to have the drive shaft and the stock 3.4 exhaust routing and on the driver side I will have the Slave and 3rd link. That is the plan. After building the lower link/frame mounts, I am at about 41in from eye to eye on the lowers. On to the pics of the lower frame mounts

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.