a340h identical to aw4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Truck and 4Runner
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 166306
a340h identical to aw4

hi if im bringing up a topic that has already been covered on but reason why i am posting this up is because the information on the two automatic transmission is that its unclear on whether if it is identical or not i have a 93 toyota truck v6 4x4 im sure it has a a340h and i want to replace the transmission because i no longer have reverse i found a aw4 transmission from a jeep cherokee please i know it may sound retarded but if anyone has the answer please be in dept and specific about what you are saying no abbreviation, this is a whole new world to me, the truck will be going from point a to point b no rock climbling off roading just do what its suppose to do also

i want to know whether if the aw4 bolts up without any modification or unbolting or what not pretty much plug and play or do i need to swap out the bellhousing, transfer case etc.

also anyone know if the newer toyota truck/4runner 4x4 automatic transmission will fit without any mods thank you. if so explain
leng is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Trailbusters4x4 club

Member # 117547
There are some great threads on those transmissions and how to convert them over to work on here already. And if you would take more than a minute to search or read the FAQ I'm sure you would find them easily.
ECV 1004
FuzzyZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 166881
Pretty sure the A340's that came behind 3.0 v6 has the same input, but the outputs should be different. Aw4 has a 23 spline output while a340 has 21 splines. Differences in overall lengths as well. I don't see this being a wam bam swap, but you might swap your A340h output onto the Aw4 and find out it will work.
Chilkat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.