Pirate 4x4 banner

New yota pickup from the NW.. Long build coming

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  battleshipyota 
#1 · (Edited)
New First Gen pickup from the PNW.. Long build coming!

Been building stuff all my life that goes vroom vroom(my 55' 1/2ton at age 15)

But this is THE very first vehicle i've owned that was "4wd"- that sat more then a few inches off the ground... for the last few years i havent even had anything like that

And more importantly to this matter, over this last almost year(middle of 2011 heading into now)

its all been more like this-

buy corolla for 300

build drift car out of corolla

continue to blow up five 1.6L toyota motors in it(4age) in 2 months time.. swap in one last one and trade it for this

was fun- then i made it alot more fun

and more

started drifting it and hated it

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
decided "o screw this" and trade the hilux for two 70's corollas, one that had been around me from the time i got the first white car

and a shitty parts car for it that followed it around.. sold the shitty parts car for 300 and proceeded to drift the yellow one ALOT, once i rebuilt everything on that little bastard aka "horolla""

and then traded that, for what i traded to get my truck(my baby)

#3 · (Edited)
BUT- all of that means nothing now... no more freeway onramps, no more tickets no more wall taps(ok kinda)

because that s13 was traded for my new daily/wheeling project(major plans ahead!!)

1982 toyota shortbed
149k on chassis
6k on rebuilt 22r, rebuilt 4spd tranny and transfer case
31's(yuck)
NO dents but a "open door into something tall" ding on the tip of the drivers door
oem paint

open diff, stock suspension blah blah blah i could go on for days- truck is MINT nothing wrong with it perfect interior everything works custom bed its Exactly what i was looking for- and with that!!!! im going to bed because i just got it home and its 12:32am

MORE PICS tomorrow when i wake up and drink a pot of coffee hahaha

#4 ·
i hate work.. takes all my fun time- but i guess it'll make plans go faster money wise

i still lose it in parking lots- walking around looking for my 240 realize wtf im doing and then go find the truck.. but i honestly get better mpg with the truck(for now) and have more fun so i think it was a great trade! its soooo clean i love it- my friends however all hate me now hahhaaha no drift car no friends?

i guess when i said lots of upgrades coming soon- i was understating it greatly

#5 ·
Plans so far- but take into consideration i know NOTHING about wheeling

37's
chevy springs
tube front and rear bumpers
sliders
welded rear/ e-locker front

-motor plans-
msd box, 6al or once i see what the difference is in the offroad on maybe that
cam(trd stage2 or equivalent)
making a custom header
milled 20r head

my stepdad works at sherwood exhaust so i can have DOM tubing ordered easy and cheappp and already have a welder at home so everything tube(bumps. header etc) and a cage plus the welded rear are planned for the next week or so maybe a few days longer depending on works stupid random schedule and then lots of testing at browns or mt. hood until i can step its game up a bit

#7 · (Edited)
i guess you could say gaston... usually live on church st. but issues with the gf lately have me back at my place in portland lol complicated isnt something i go for but shes something else! i think i could of said the same about all my drift cars actually..

But thanks, yea thats why i decided to get it- super clean and not really anyone elses non finished project so i can start fresh and do it all myself!! besides the bed nothings been touched to much(few things replaced with oem stuff but thats just maintenance shit) And i have big plans for it so it should be some fun here soon

#9 ·
drift car never has matching rims on budget- fronts are steer rims and tires, then junkers an whatever i can get my hands on for free on the back(curbs are a bitch to nice rims hahha)

and thanks- i want to just get to some actual work on it all i've done so far is an oil change, tranny flush and diff fluid front and rear.. i cant wait to do something non maintenance

#11 ·
but fender mirrors are sooooooooo awesome(and a "hilux" in japan would have fender mirrors factory)

but dont worry, i dont do that anymore. This truck will be a proper wheeling rig- all my drift cars were ziptied together i swear to god

#15 ·
girlfriend left me... i went and played on a mountain(should i write country music or what lmao "ooo tasia how you play my heartstrings, so i play in the dirt and take a squirt off that jack bottle today" look out cmt haahahahahaha)

b
went anywhere i aimed it... now for 37's and welded an elocker then browns in the next few weeks or something. Trying to get a group of people together for a wheelin adventure but i know to many pavement princess's and im the one on sissy tires still?!?

#18 · (Edited)
im actually planning for that same weekend(my birthday is that weekend so i figured i'd do something actually fun since i'll be alone for the first time) i'd definitely be down to get some wheeling time in with some local guys!! dont have many of them in my area, unless im drag racing again or drifting

gonna pm both of you

#19 ·
good trade

good trade getting into the 4x4 yota, im going to finish my s13 and sell it.. one of those "always something" kinda cars.. but soo much fun to drive... I was scrolling down the post thinking these pics look familiar, then i saw the mini truck and realized i saw your post on toyotaminis a while back. funny how peoples vehicle addictions run so similarly.

#21 · (Edited)
sweet, i was hoping i'd find some local people to wheel with- im a noob to this aspect of driving and building rigs but im already diving in head first so i wont get left behind to easily!!

Need LOTS of wheel time to get back in my groove, been all sad lately and shit its just stupid

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.