Pirate 4x4 banner

1982 Tachometer

533 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  greengo 
#1 ·
Where do you hook up your tachometer when ajusting your timing. I thought the negative of the coil, but got some weird numbers when I did that.

#4 ·
what i want to do is pass smog. i need to adjust the timing correctly, which isn't a problem, I hook my light to the #1 cylinder. This all has to happen under 950 rpm. Well my question was were do I hook up my tachometer to see what I am running at, whether I need to raise of lower my idle rpm.

#5 ·
The answer is they should never try to access the internet.

Sounds like you have a virus. I guess its not a very bad one or you would have other symptoms...

Here is a free online virus scan. If you are using a regular a modem this will take a while to load. But hey its free...and you need it.

http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

#6 ·
for the timing light you hook it up to the #1 plug wire. for the tach you hook to the neg. of the coil. if your getting wierd numbers check to see if the tach has a switch on it that says 4-6-8, make sure it is on 4. some tach have the adjustability to work on 4cyl, 6cyl and 8cyl vehicles, thus the 4-6-8 switch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.