Pirate 4x4 banner

IFS Mounting Plates

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Erick561 
#1 ·
Quick question.....does anyone make an IFS mounting plate kit that stands the IFS box straight up and as far forward as possible on an IFS frame.

When I built my truck (95 4Runner) I fabbed full frame plates and everything for the IFS to stand straight up and used a flat pitman arm.....I am going to be doing a RUF SAS for a friend (88 Pickup) and dont have the time to do the fab work I went through with my 4Runner, as well he doesnt wheel hard so he doesnt need the extra reinforcement work involved.

Just looking for a quicker, simple kit.

#2 · (Edited)
Really??? Buy a frame plate, get a drill and some DOM and put the box where it needs to be. This shit isn't Legos man, make it work the way you need it to.

I wouldn't define drilling a hole, and putting a piece of tube in the hole as "fab", but whatever.

#3 ·
So I guess that's the long winded way of saying no??

As I said I am not looking to be making my own shit with this one....looking for the lazy mans kit if there is one.....don't have the time. If I have too then I will

#4 ·
Fatty270:26167057 said:
So I guess that's the long winded way of saying no??

As I said I am not looking to be making my own shit with this one....looking for the lazy mans kit if there is one.....don't have the time. If I have too then I will
The lazy man kit is the standard box relocation plate or ifs box for sa frame or whatever it is called.

Yes, you just use it as a templet and drill your frame wherever you want for however the box is...cut off any excess if you want.

Saves you from having to gather the sleeves and bolts as well as cutting and drilling the plates.

#5 ·
Thanks.....this is what I was thinking I might have to do with the bought kit after. I searched the subject but really only found pics of people using the kit and leaving the box tilted and not as vertical as possible.

#6 ·
it is a bit subjective too as to how far forward and tilted you want to go, so picking up the basic 'kit' is a pretty good starting point

example, some people don't want to cut into the body support or radiator support and others do. some people don't want to notch the frame for TRE clearance to get the most flat/vert angle and other do.

#7 ·
Yes, when I built my truck I researched a ton and learned it was best to have it the most vertical with a flat pitman so that you get the most wheel movement to steering input and that is how I fabbed mine.....but it was a bitch to do.....maybe second time around it could be easier, but like you say the kit will be a starting point at least.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.