Pirate 4x4 banner

virgin runner almost done

141K views 327 replies 108 participants last post by  300sniper 
#1 · (Edited)
virgin runner done?

this runner was bone stock in the begining of january '04. i did a sas with a 69" dana 44, 66" ford 9" in back both with 5.13s and arb's. it got a dana 300 with big outputs, 4 to 1, and twin sticks behind the toy t-case. i'm using all pro 5" springs on my own hangers. getting ready to buy axleshafts for it but not sure what brand yet. going to run 38 12.50 sxs.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
You have been busy. I love it. Something weird though about that front bumper setup. The way the top bars mount at an upward angle to the stinger, plus the Toyota emblem upside down, makes the truck actually look like it is upside down already. Kinda cool. Cant wait to see some action shots...

KC

#8 ·
the front axle was originaly a 3/4 ton chevy 8 lug so it was 69" converted to 1/2 ton chevy brakes and ford hubbed rotors to end up with a 5 on 5-1/2 toyota? heres a shot of the "raw" front bumper

Attachments

#15 ·
KS Toy said:
Looks good man. Did you bend that tube by hand??
i bent the tube by hand with the m-tech mod 3 bender. going to try and be creative with the back bumper this weekend. not sure how fancy i'll get and still have a functional tail gate and not loosing much ground clearence.

#20 ·
thanks for the compliments. i'll see if i can push it out of the shop for some better light and get some better pics of the front fenders and a bit of the rear fender trimming. i'm kind of pulling my hair out now trying to figure out a way to fabricate a fuel cell using the stock filler location for smog reasons. has any one shortened the pickup tube for the fuel pump to use in a shorter fuel tank? what about the fuel level sensor, can that be bent to shorten it and keep it functual? thanks again.

#26 ·
Ohhhhhhh.. I *like* the way the fender tubes tie into the front bumper... I think I may have to integrate that into the bumper style I am gonna do on mine - NICE WORK!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.