Pirate 4x4 banner

4Runner Egr Valve help!!

746 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  erictylers1 
#1 ·
Hello all I'm new to this forum any help would be appriciated. Anyway I just bought a 92 Toyota 4Runner with a 91 Toyota pick up engine swap . What I didn't realize when I bought it , it had no egr valve ! What do I need to put one of these back on for smog purposes . I'm not sure where the hoses are or where it connects any help would be great thanks

#2 ·
First things first, put on your helmet and long pants (shirt optional) and pull out the huffy. Get to huffy-ing on down the street...oh probably about 5 miles. Turn in to your local auto parts store or Toyota dealership and get ready to spend some serious coin. Might need a backpack for all the loose change. Drop 25 bags of coins down on the desk and get whatever brand of floppy book they carry or order one up. Haynes, Chilton, alldata, doesn't really matter much which exact one. Thumb on through that joker until you find yourself everything you need while sitting crosslegged on the floor. Use your pointing stick (NOT your finger!!) and tell the parts monkey that you will give him a banana if he punches up the doo-hickey in the picture on his moving picture box and order ya in aforementioned doo-hickey.

don't bother searching on the internet or even checking out various forums with frequently asked questions or bibles. Not worth the time, and this way you can do it all over again when it fails emissions and needs further repair.

Enjoi :grinpimp:

#10 · (Edited)
What did you expect :confused:

you are getting yourself into a bunch of bolts. Bolts are like screws, in that they use the holding power and friction of helix threads with oversized heads to set specific depths of protrusion. While more common to all have right-hand twist, left hand twist bolts and screws are not uncommon and thread twist should always be verified before attempting to remove any fasteners. the most efficient way to check is to apply 100 ft/lbs or torque in the clockwise, then counterclockwise direction to the head. This will be sufficient to overcome any potential corrosion that commonly sets in and should provide ample opportunity to increase insert proficiency.

edit: what does SHMO stand for? or is it just pronounced shmo and a regional meaning thing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.