? About T.A.P recycling returns - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Truck and 4Runner
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2000, 02:54 PM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 90
Tell them Lance

------------------
84 toyota, 6" on 33's, rebuilding my 22R, and not a single part from TAP on board
Nick Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2000, 05:26 PM   #52 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 13
Send a message via ICQ to Loco Send a message via AIM to Loco Send a message via Yahoo to Loco
Quote:
Originally posted by Tap Recycling:
Bring in a reciept and we will exchange it. The part only had a small part of marking paint that we use left on it, that does not identify what and when the customer purchased it. Bring your receipt and we'll take care of you. If you dont want to come in, post the date you purchased it, I will research it, ship you a refund and a steering box that you need. No strings attached. If that isn't going out of my way to be fair I dont know what is.
Okay, if I remember correctly in my FIRST post I stated that I DON'T have the receipt. So it's really easy for you to say that you will take care of me when you know that I don't have the receipt. Another thing, I went into K-Mart the other day and took back a phone I had bought. Well the had bought the phone 8 months ago and it had a year warrenty on it. They took it back and gave me a NEW phone no questions asked!!! I didn't even pull the recipt out of my wallet!!!

------------------
Miguel
84 Toy, 35" Boggers, Marlin #476, Lock-rite, 5.29's, Warn 8274-50 winch with BR Fabworks Winch bumper!
Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2000, 05:57 PM   #53 (permalink)

Member # 90
They dont need your business though... they do 500 invoices a day remember? Maybe major companies like Kmart should follow the way TAP does business. I mean, low and behold a small company like Kmart wouldnt need to take care of a customer because they probably do around 10,000 invoices a day. besides, you only represent a "small" percent of thier customers, and your truck doesnt cost as much as one of thier parted pieces of shit. Give me a break. TAP

------------------
84 toyota, 6" on 33's, rebuilding my 22R, and not a single part from TAP on board

[This message has been edited by Nick Z (edited 06-22-2000).]
Old 06-22-2000, 06:06 PM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 254
Angry

TAP, I bought a few things from you in
the past with no *major* problems (you gave me the wrong part 3 times etc.). I am sure you will check back on this posting if you can figure out how to get to the 2nd page, so read this...............
I will never be in your f**king store again you sorry rude prick. Your endless supply of customers will run out and you will suffer for it.
I have been in sales for years so believe me when I tell you people will not buy from arrogant, rude businesses, especially when said business is the most expensive in town.
Gibby

------------------
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2000, 08:11 PM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 952
I have come close a coupla' times to purchase from TAP, everytime I called They were a bit on the pricey side. What I read here has hit home hard. So TAP stands for
To Agonize People... Thanks all!

------------------
94 Toy trk. Locked and Loaded !
I Luv my Twuck !
TBtv Channel 69
"If XXX is good -- 4x is better..."
artztoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2000, 09:19 AM   #56 (permalink)

Member # 90
Quote:
Originally posted by artztoy:
I have come close a coupla' times to purchase from TAP, everytime I called They were a bit on the pricey side. What I read here has hit home hard. So TAP stands for
To Agonize People... Thanks all!

I though TAP standed for

Total
Asshole's &
Prick's

But I could be mistaken

------------------

[This message has been edited by Nick Z (edited 06-23-2000).]
Old 06-23-2000, 10:06 AM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 1070
I have always been of the opinion that if I want to be laughed at, I will go to the dealer, they are usually good for that, but I have to say, ALL of the Toyota dealerships I have dealt with have been excellent-even when I have tried to get little FJ-60 parts that they don't stock. Come on, TAP, get a f@%#$ing clue!! I live very far from where you are, and I will NEVER buy parts from you!! If I want to be laughed at, I'll go to the VW dealership(but that is a whole other story, don't get me started!!)

Dan
never to buy from TAP...

------------------
-dan

'86 4runner, stock for now. Soon to have 2"body lift, 33s, and 4:88s!
dangerber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2000, 10:10 AM   #58 (permalink)
FU2

Member # 901
I've never delt with T.A.P.....
But after read'n about them, I don't think I ever will.....

(just a little insight)
I work as a Buyer for a REALLY big company
75,000 emp.+ I buy around $300,000 A MONTH in new and USED parts from all over the country to support our fleet..
I get lines on new suppliers from people who have done buiness with them in the past.
Price is important, but SERVICE SELLS....my.02

------------------
"Masseyfied" 85 Runner, blown 502cid, 48" turfs, 4linked on 2 1/2 ton axles............NOT!!
Tin Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2000, 10:21 AM   #59 (permalink)

Member # 1070
An interesting note, I just searched www.copartfinder.com for '84-'89 4runners, 40 results, 9 of which are at TAP, there are plenny of other recyclers out there who probably would love our business, and probably aren't pig f!@^#%ers like those dicks at TAP! Buying parts from another yard out of state, with shipping costs is probably still less than what they want for their "better than new" bullshit. Just $.02 more...

-Dan
"copyright your DNA"

------------------
-dan

'86 4runner, stock for now. Soon to have 2"body lift, 33s, and 4:88s!
dangerber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2000, 09:23 AM   #60 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 463
Quote:
So dont assume how a wrecking yard does business. The part only had a small part of marking paint that we use left on it, that does not identify what and when the customer purchased it. We do have plenty of repeat business, just not the repeat business from closed minded people who dont communicate to the retailer without an attitude.

This attitude of TAP's really burns my ass!
I know I'm not closed minded and I expect that most on this board aren't either. To hear a business SLAM a segment of it's customer base like this really pisses me off big time! I've bought things from TAP and some of the transactions turned out OK. However they were high priced and I was desperate since that part couldn't be located quick enough in my search from other sources. I wouldn't want to be the owner of a company where customers only come to me as a last resort. I'd fire my managers and hire new ones with more customer focused strategies.
In the transactions I've had with TAP, I didn't appreciate their in person attitude.
They treat you like dirt, I aggree with the other guy who posted the same sentiment. I'd recommend they send their customer service reps through training and un-brain wash them from thinking they are the King of Toyota savage and customers are the sludge of the earth. Companies with this type of attitude eventually go away because their customer base finds other places to get the same commodity while being treated with more respect for spending their hard earned money with them.
TAP come back to reality--YOU DON'T TREAT CUSTOMERS THIS WAY! I'm a business executive in a competitive industry so believe me I know. You tell customers what they want to hear, you treat them fairly and with respect, you give them a good product at a fair price. THEY (customers) ARE WHY YOU ARE IN BUSINESS. Word of mouth advertising and referral recommendations are better (and cheaper) that paid ones.
I have one recommendation to TAP and I stongly suggest you LISTEN: Change before it's too late or see the world around you (your customer base) change. In the pre-internet age, you could afford to piss off
customers and still not have it affect your bottom line. Wake up, this is the internet age and pissed off customers can now post their bad (or good) experiences on every 4x4 web site known to man and reach hundreds of thousands or even millions of readers.

Evolve or be left behind!
ToyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2000, 09:09 AM   #61 (permalink)

Member # 1084
Lightbulb

Hey Everybody, Ever heard of the Better buisness bearu I have and i am sure if they recieved a hundred bad letters about TAP there corporate clients would frown on that and any new potential client who checks up on them will go elseware. Maybe that will give this prick a clue about how important customer service is!

Good Wheelin
Corey

------------------

[This message has been edited by SnOwDaWg (edited 06-28-2000).]
SnOwDaWg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2000, 01:33 PM   #62 (permalink)

Member # 722
Send a message via AIM to Bossman
Amen to that poeple!!

------------------
'82 toy, 4.88 chevy axles, 94 22RE, 35 Boggers, triple inchworm t-cases, buggies
PHAT TRUCK

"if it doesn't fit, force it! If it breaks, it needed to be fixed anyways."
Bossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2000, 08:14 PM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 1196
Well, I wasn't a member of this board until I saw the (huge) set of responses to TAP. I just had to sign up and include my 10 cents worth.

Why do I love TAP? Let me count the ways. One, they are located on the opposite side of the country so I don't have to worry about ever dealing with them in person. Two, TAP's horrible (at best) reputation allows guys like me to easily part out a truck in my back yard via the internet. And there are posts every day of guys selling/needing parts and we just eat it up. Oops, I guess that's all reasons.

$350 for a used TJM T17 bull bar? A *NEW* bull bar costs $300-$360 depending on the distributor. $225 for a used Smittybilt double tube front bumper? Get serious. That bumper can be purchased new for less than that. You don't research before you determine prices? That's too bad. You're cheating customers, but what you're really doing is cheating yourself in the long run. Too bad you don't see that. Here's something really funny. I requested a price qoute from you for front and rear seats for a '90 4Runner. You told me $850 for the front two and $750 for the rear?!?! Hmmm, new Toyota seats are close to your prices, but the new seats aren't exactly 10 years old are they.... $600+ for a *used* ProComp IFS 4" lift? Definately some crack going on there. Apparantly you haven't looked at ANY 4x4 magazine because there are numerous suppliers offering *NEW* lift kits that didn't come from a totalled vehicle for $600-$800.

As has been said before, this is the age of the Internet. Word spreads *extremely* fast. Before the Internet, I never heard of TAP. Now I do, and now I know to stay away both from my own experience looking at your pricing system and from numerous other negative comments from your customers. And just think of how many people are reading these threads and not buying from you--all without you even knowing it. You say your market is with stock truck/4Runner owners? We'll make sure to pass along our opinions to them too. Oops, we already did.

Guess what TAP? You've never heard of me until now, but I'd just like to mention that I'm one of many potential customers you'll never get. Think I'm the only one? Guess again! Want proof? Look at all the posts to this thread alone! Want more proof? There are plenty of other threads in many other boards that relate to your poor customer service and rediculous prices. I don't care enough right now to point them out to you. You should start doing the research yourself.

------------------
Shawn F.
toyota_t100@hotmail.com
www.geocities.com/toyotashawn/Toyhome.html
ShawnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2000, 08:54 PM   #64 (permalink)
Administrator

Member # 1
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance
Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnF:
Why do I love TAP? Let me count the ways.
Man, you had me there for a second.. I thought we were going to have our first positive TAP post.

------------------
Lance Clifford
1970 FJ Foe-dee
Got Propane????
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2000, 10:42 PM   #65 (permalink)
Runner? What runner?

Member # 946
Send a message via AIM to 4runner
Why don't you make up a whole bunch of fake receipts and fix their wagon?

LOLOLOLOLOL

I bet they would never figure it out anyway!

FLAME ON!

------------------
4.3runner
4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2000, 10:47 PM   #66 (permalink)

Member # 36
Thumbs down

First positive TAP post....
I will positively look elsewhere before even considering going to Tap for anything, and if I can't find it, I'll have it made or retrofit something else
I can't stand money-minded salvage yards with no customer service mentality. They suck!!!!!!
another non-TAP customer, hehehehehehehehe

------------------
Drivin it cuz I can!
Rolled and reformed at San Gabriel Canyon
toyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2000, 12:03 PM   #67 (permalink)

Member # 50
Angry

Quote:
You wont see any more posts from Tap because this subject is stale.
What are ya talkin' about, I thought it was just startin' to get good.... What a wuss

------------------
Joel Prather
I've got (4) 15x7, 6 lug aluminum rims for sale, Email me for a pic...
$150 takes 'em...
Johl91@earthlink.net
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2000, 12:46 PM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 90
Their scared. They dont need to respond anymore, seeing as we are such a small amount of thier buisness

------------------
84 toyota, 6", 33's, and liquid lockers, and not a single part from TAP on board
Old 06-29-2000, 01:16 PM   #69 (permalink)

Member # 41
Angry

I hate TAP. Just had to add my two cents. They quoted me $500 for a pair of dirty Tercel seats. I went to the Toyota guy on Sunrise and he sold me a much nicer pair of Camry or Cressida seats for $200. Got quoted $750 for an 86 rear axle. Yeah right.

------------------
Mark Lockwood
82 Trailblazer
82FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2000, 04:57 PM   #70 (permalink)

Member # 1209
Send a message via ICQ to 86runner
Well all i have to say is atleast you guys get parts to return!!!!!!!!!!!
I work at a Toyota dealer in Texas. We called to get a trans for a 2wd truck, and i also had them get me an sr5 cluster 3 months ago. Well the trans showed up in a week and guess what, i never got my cluster. Everytime we call they say they sent it to a dealer in Sacramento... Hello we are in Texas!!!!!!! We was told the last time that we called that they located my cluster and as soon as they got it back, they would ship it to my dealer... still no show!!!!! I am the only Toyota tech at my dealer and am very disappointed with them. When we got an account, we even had to have references to see if we paid our bills. They cant even get our parts to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JUST MY 2 CENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LARRY

------------------

[This message has been edited by 86runner (edited 06-29-2000).]
86runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2000, 05:48 PM   #71 (permalink)

Member # 90
Typical TAP. Except they DONT return the parts that they give you. The people are so stupid, that they give you the wrong part, and they will find some chicken shit excuss why they wont return it. I'm glad to hear they dont just screw over the wheeling community. At least they scew everyone over equally

------------------
84 toyota, 6", 33's, liquid lockers, and not a single part from TAP on board

My going rate is $10, but Im willing to negotiate.
Old 06-29-2000, 06:14 PM   #72 (permalink)

Member # 1004
Send a message via AIM to xextr3m3 Send a message via Yahoo to xextr3m3
where is tap? cuz i know there is a toyota place in san jose and the guy there did me a good deal on a roll bar(forgot his original quote)

------------------
87 p/u 3" lift 33's soon to be geared and locked
xextr3m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2000, 07:36 PM   #73 (permalink)

Member # 876
Smile

I once though of shopping at TAP but $450 for a pair of bucket seats from an 85 toy is rediculous. Thanks for all the good imput guys, they are now up on my all time worst places to shop list along with NWOR.

------------------
Wheel Hard!
85toyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2000, 08:48 PM   #74 (permalink)

Member # 90
Quote:
Originally posted by xextr3m3:
where is tap? cuz i know there is a toyota place in san jose and the guy there did me a good deal on a roll bar(forgot his original quote)

Off recycle rd in Ranch Cordova (outside of Sacramento)

------------------
84 toyota, 6", 33's, liquid lockers, and not a single part from TAP on board

My going rate is $10, but Im willing to negotiate.
Old 06-30-2000, 10:14 AM   #75 (permalink)

Member # 50
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by xextr3m3:
I think yer talking about Toyota 4x4 Dismantlers, they are located down in San Jose. They have a very good selection of parts also. Their prices are a bit higher than the pick and pull, but the guys there are very cool.

------------------
Joel Prather
I've got (4) 15x7, 6 lug aluminum rims for sale, Email me for a pic...
$150 takes 'em...
Johl91@earthlink.net

[This message has been edited by Rabbit91 (edited 06-30-2000).]
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote