sold vehicle and buyer refuses to transfer reg and title/ what do I do? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Truck and 4Runner
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2004, 09:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 5655
sold vehicle and buyer refuses to transfer reg and title/ what do I do?

I would like help on what I should do to remedy this since this guy is definitely not going to help (or do what he is required to do by law).
Here is the sale of the 4runner. /forum/vehicles-trailers-sale/250442-86-4runner-newport.html
Peter (503) 888-6967 montypower on this board enucleate@comcast.net is the buyer

I towed it 3 hours to the guy with the understanding that if he did not want it after checking it out than all he had to do was pay me $100 for time and money. If he wanted it than I wouldn't charge him anything for bringing it to him. He set up the time and when I got there (1/2 hour early) he made me wait for almost 1 1/2 hours. He was way way late. I left it on the trailer and we started it and he looked at everything and ultimately decided to buy it. This was after himhawing about how bad the engine was running. He was aware that I knew absolutely nothing about the engine and that if he thought anything was wrong with it than don't buy it. I must have told him 10 times that it was totally his call and that I was not going to pressure anybody. I mean, it was on the trailer strapped down running for 30 minutes. He even got it for $100 less than what we agreed to before I towed it up there. A whoppin $1100.

Well, it has been several months since the sale and ... the damn thing is still in my name. I found out that it is still in my name because I received a notice that the vehicle is going to be towed if it is not moved off of the street. Not only does it get towed (I could care less) I get fined along with a ticket from the city.
I emailed/called/pm'ed the guy I sold it to and he said he sold it because it was a piece of $hit that he lost money on. He said this as though I stuck it to him. He said he wasn't going to spend the $60 to transfer it to his name because it wasn't worth it since it was such junk that he lost money on. When I told him I wanted it transferred into someones name he told me he couldn't do anything about it (he said it more like he wasn't going to do anything about it because he feels he got a raw deal). He knows the guy he sold it to and the vehicle is only about a mile from where I took it, but this person seems hell bent on leaving me stuck as the registered owner because he knows it irks me. Not only that but he also made it obvious to me that he's only going to call the guy and have him move it so it doesn't get towed and nothing more.
Now as it stands this vehicle is in my name, going to be towed tomorrow if the guy hasn't moved it, and the person I sold it to is basically refusing to fix this.
What do I do?
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 09:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 14283
Do you guys in OR have a realease of liability form? Is he in Cali? I went through same thing. Here it is your responsibility to obtain a Realease of liability and send it to DMV once you do that you have no worries let him deal with it. First call your loacal DMV.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 31664
did u fill out a release of liability & send it to dmv?//i sold my chev 2 a buddy & the tags expired & he is still driving it//i filled out release so i guess i'm ok
aka ATF_jeepguy//90 yj 9"rear welded-buggy springs/d44 hp front soa 4" springs moved 2"s forward/full cage/35x14.50x15 swampers/ 4 banger & rattle camo [URL="http://www.flatfenderbrewing.com/"]http://http://www.flatfenderbrewing.com[/URL] [URL=www.atfclan.com]www.atfclan.com[/URL] [URL=www.rccrawler.com]www.rccrawler.com[/URL]
[URL="http://profiles.yahoo.com/flatfenderbrewing"]http://profiles.yahoo.com/flatfenderbrewing[/URL]

Last edited by brian d; 09-20-2004 at 09:18 PM.
brian d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 09:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 19967
If its still in your name then report it stolen, let the sheriffs sort it out.
KYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 09:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 31664
thats a good one//u could get the truck back & sell it again!
aka ATF_jeepguy//90 yj 9"rear welded-buggy springs/d44 hp front soa 4" springs moved 2"s forward/full cage/35x14.50x15 swampers/ 4 banger & rattle camo [URL="http://www.flatfenderbrewing.com/"]http://http://www.flatfenderbrewing.com[/URL] [URL=www.atfclan.com]www.atfclan.com[/URL] [URL=www.rccrawler.com]www.rccrawler.com[/URL]
[URL="http://profiles.yahoo.com/flatfenderbrewing"]http://profiles.yahoo.com/flatfenderbrewing[/URL]
brian d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 09:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
4x Innovations

Member # 35227
Send a message via Yahoo to traxman25
I can say this sure sucks, but I have a question for ya. Can you just take a hit for the tow and ticet and then jsut file for a lost title. Since it is still in your name in the first place, then it is really back in your name. Of course you would have to resell it, but it might be worth it. I am not really sure if this is really advisable, or legal. It was just the first thing to pop into my mind.
Adam
traxman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 09:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 4669
I don't know about how it works in OR, but in AZ you simply fill out a form on the back of the registration with the buyer's information. Past that point, they denote that person's information and any fees will carry forward to the next person who tries to register the vehicle. Years ago I sold a car and found out that the buyer hadn't registered it the same way you have... Common in AZ because you have to be a CITIZEN to register a car... IF you know what I mean. Anyway, I just dropped by the MVD with the buyer's info and they updated their database. I never heard another thing about it.
crashinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 09:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 5655
The legal part is the catch. I checked and I could end up in trouble for reporting the thing stolen when it is not. There isn't any release paperwork here in Oregon that I know of. He printed up a bill of sale the night I sold it, but I was in the middle of moving and it has been months so I have no idea of where it is. He refused to print up a new one that he signed and could send to me so that I could show I sold it. This guy just totally changed from when I dealt with him that night. For some reason he is punishing me for something he apparently wasn't happy with later. I told him to call his friend and tell him I was going to tow it myself since I was still the registered owner and he acted like I was doing something wrong. I am sure that his friend has moved the thing and they are laughing about it.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 28318
If you were the only one with a bill of sale have it towed. If you both had a copy of the bill of sale then it sounds like you are in a tight spot.
Did you have extra keys for it and if so do you still have the keys?? If you did go and pick it up.
This guy sounds like an ass from the word go. Drive 3 hours and then wait and extra 1.5 hours I would have told him to shove it up his ass.

2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 SRA, Warn winch, plow

2005 Super-Duty Powerstroke 4X4, CC, SB, MBRP turbo back exhaust with cat-be-gone, 2008 F350 springs
76cjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 09:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 5655
That is not even the guy who owns it now. He sold it and won't give me the guys info so I can make sure he transfers it. That's why Peter told me there was nothing he could do (meant nothing he was going to do).
Old 09-20-2004, 10:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 4716
Here's a few links:

https://www.odot.state.or.us/dmv/SSL/SellerNotice/

http://www.oregondmv.com/Vehicles/title_list.htm
4CrawlR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 10:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cranky Moderator

Member # 2026
Send a message via AIM to steveh
Joey, I sold a car when i lived in oregon and filled out this PDF form to protect myself. Basicly it's Oregon's version of a release of liabilty. Call the DMV and verify this.
Rubicon Trail Foundation
"Wow this is unbelievable"
10th Anniversary Cantina For the 'Con 2014
steveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 10:36 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 5655
That bill of sale form is exactly what we did. It just didn't say you (seller) had to contact the DMV within 10 days. I thought (this is what happens when you think) the only thing that could be done was by the buyer.
I don't have the guys last name. If I did I guess I could use the form that can be submitted online.

If he won't even send me a bill of sale I doubt he will do any of this. Thanks everyone for the info. I guess you learn something everyday. (meaning me)

Thanks for the links. I emailed one to him and hopefully he will take the time to fill it out and I can forget about this.

Last edited by Joey; 09-20-2004 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:40 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 14116
Call your local law enforcement and ask tell them your situation, and tell them you want to go and pick it up (drive, tow or whatever) as it is obviously still legally yours. But let them know that you would really like their assistance, as you don't know where it is, or who the new "owner" is, and would really like to stop a confrontation before one starts. Once the new "owner" sees that law enforcement is involved in the situation, he will probably want to get together some paperwork with you to transfer the title.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:57 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 386
Send a message via ICQ to MattS
The first thing you should do is report the post to a forsale mod. That would be myself or Gary.

Then we take care of it.

Go ahead and call Peter back. Let him know that I said he can go ahead and be a nice guy and do the right thing and get the title out of your name.

If not then please let me know.

First off he will be banned from this website.

Second I will find every other website he visits and make sure that the people there know what kind of asshole he is. Then it's always fun to post his phone number in chit chat so 500 people can call him constantly all day and night and remind him what an asshole he is.

It would be alot easier if he would be a standup guy and just complete the sale. But if he wants to do things the hard way I'm fine with that. It's way more fun the hard way for me and the chit chat crew.

His choice. Let me know what he says. If he feels he has been unjustly wronged he can PM me his sob story before I sick the crew on him.

Peter, if you are reading this. Do the right thing. Please.
MattS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 12:16 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 5655
I found out his last name using his phone number in old posts. I filled out the form to notify the DMV I sold it to him. That gets a little done, just not the title and it doesn't avoid the fine being sent to me if it was towed. I hate dealing with the DMV--especially when it is to correct something, I know it will take forever and all show up on my name.
I jumped in on a post someone did using his username and got this response. /forum/engines-trannys-t-cases-sale/284510-toyota-g-series-tranny-t-case-oregon-125-o-b-o.html

I am hoping he will get the point that I am not going to just let him tell me what is going to happen. I will call him tomorrow after I call to see if it was towed, and I will give him one last chance to correct this. If he doesn't fix it by tomorrow night (I'm gone all day tomorrow) I will let you all know.

What is weird is he was a pretty standup guy besides making me wait for so long the night I sold it to him. In fact, I was looking forward to having someone to go wheelin' with around Tillamook.
I don't get why he is being such a prick now?
Thanks for all of the help
Old 09-21-2004, 02:33 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 25600
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouBell
Call your local law enforcement and ask tell them your situation, and tell them you want to go and pick it up (drive, tow or whatever) as it is obviously still legally yours. But let them know that you would really like their assistance, as you don't know where it is, or who the new "owner" is, and would really like to stop a confrontation before one starts. Once the new "owner" sees that law enforcement is involved in the situation, he will probably want to get together some paperwork with you to transfer the title.

Best answer yet. call the cops, and go get your truck man. ITS YOURS GEEZ!!
Old 09-21-2004, 03:27 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 16666
Send a message via AIM to KarmirToy Send a message via MSN to KarmirToy Send a message via Yahoo to KarmirToy
1.. call DMV tell them you sold it. and the other end is not responding.

if (1) does not work you have no choice... call the cops and report it has been stolen.

cops find out were it is, and are getting it towed... Idiot runs out the door to stop it from getting towed. bill of sale is not in his name so his screwed both ways.

idiot1 goes to his idiot2 friend that has the bill of sale idiot2 takes the bill to the cops to get the truck back. cops take the bill and call you in. you show up explain to them that you had no other choice but do report it stolen (basically tell them the whole story). cops give you a copy of the bill. you mail it and your job is done

friend of mine was in the same shoes you were... but here in CA, LA even! reported a false report of his truck being stolen. later on LAPD called hiim wanting an explaination why he had falsified a stolen car report (felony) which in fact was sold... he explained to the cops that there was no other choice, DMV would not help him and the other party would not help me. once 2nd party showed bill of sale to get his truck back, LAPD saw bill sale date and name, transfered all towing fees and citations to party2 name, and cleared my buddy... man I was cracking up!

Last edited by KarmirToy; 09-21-2004 at 03:34 AM.
KarmirToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:25 AM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 24024
Send a message via ICQ to montypower
Great one sidded story...

I purchased the truck from this Joey guy... Who advertised the truck as one thing... turned out different. Including: 70K mile engine?? (needs rebuild) Bad brakes (never mentioned) Electrical (issues everywhere) I trusted the guy and bought it... assuming everything was as described. But that was my fault. I knew I couldn't do anything but waste more money on the truck... so I sold it to another guy (who is not a friend). And he has not transfered the title.

Since Joey called me saying they were going to tow the truck... I did my part of going back to the current owner and sharing the information. But now Joey wants me to get the title transfered??? How can I??? It is not in my posession. I don't even have the truck.

I've done my part. I talked to the current owner... beyond that I can do
nothing. It is NOT my truck anymore. I do NOT have the title. I can NOT
control what happens to the title or truck. And I am NOT responsible for
anything that happens to the 4runner.

And seriously... if the truck got towed.... Joey would be out a few hundred. Then he could fix the truck right and resell it? And probably earn more money.

I figured I'd post up... due to everyone bashing me?? Waz the deal?? And I've talked to Joey on the phone. Through Email. On the Board. And he makes it sound like I'm not responding. Seriously.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:25 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 5655
You know what Peter---------------NOW YOU CAN F OFF!!!!!
I TOLD YOU EVERYTHING I KNEW ABOUT THE TRUCK. IN FACT, I TOLD EVERYBODY HERE ON PIRATE MANY TIMES. FOR EXAMPLE--http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250442
/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/244039-need-pics-info-connecting-bvsv-vsv-egr-egrvm-etc-mines-all-fed-mixed-up.html

I TOLD YOU WHEN YOU COMMENTED ABOUT THE ENGINE RUNNING ROUGHLY THAT I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT IT AND THAT I THOUGHT IT JUST RAN LIKE AN OLD TOYOTA, REMEMBER I SAID LIKE MY STEPDADS. F-HEAD! YOU REVED IT UP AND REVED IT UP AND WE WALKED AROUND IT AND YOU REVED IT UP SOME MORE. IS IT COMING BACK TO YOU? I WAS THERE WITH MY DAD, AND YOUR FRIENDS WERE ALL THERE, IN FRONT OF YOUR PARENTS HOUSE. AND YOU CHECKED IT OUT WHILE IT WAS ON THE TRAILER, WHERE I LEFT IT SO THAT YOU DID NOT FEEL OBLIGATED TO BUY IT! YOU ARE THE ONE ACTING LIKE A PUNK! IF YOU WERE UNHAPPY WITH IT ATER YOU BOUGHT IT THAN YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID SO WHEN WE TALKED ON THE PHONE.IT WAS JUST DAYS AFTER YOU BOUGHT IT WHEN I TALKED TO YOU ABOUT NOT REMEMBERING IF WE WENT OVER THE FACT THAT I DID NOT REFILL THE TCASE/TRANNY BECAUSE THEY WERE BAD AND YOU WOULD HAVE TO DRAIN THEM TO CHANGE THEM ANYWAYS. REMEMBER THAT F-HEAD? YOU SAID YOU DROVE IT LIKE 10 MILES. DON'T EVEN TRY TO MAKE ME OUT AS WHAT YOU APPARENTLY ARE! I HAVE BEEN NOTHING BUT STRAIGHT FORWARD. F-YOU!
YOU BOUGHT A VEHICLE WITH A BAD TRANNY, MAYBE TCASE THAT I DROVE ONCE, AND YOU PAID A WHOPPIN $1100 FOR IT. LOST MONEY? I PAID $900 FOR IT AND PURCHASED OVER $700 IN PARTS FOR IT. THAT DOESN'T ADD UP TO $1100 NOW DOES IT?
YOU WERE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO CHECK IT OUT, YOU DID SO, AND YOU BOUGHT IT WITH THE FULL KNOWLEDGE THAT I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT THE VEHICLE. YOU ARE BEING RIDICULOUS! PUNISHING ME FOR NOT BEING HAPPY WITH YOUR DECISION TO BUY THE 4RUNNER, WHAT A PUNK BEATCH YOU ARE.
ALL OF THIS WOULD OF BEEN AVOIDED IF YOU WOULD HAVE TRANSFERRED THE TITLE WHEN YOU OWNED THE 4RUNNER!

THEN YOU ALSO COULD HAVE AVOIDED THIS AGAIN IF YOU WOULD HAVE JUST SENT ME A BILL OF SALE TO SHOW THE DMV. BUT YOU CHOSE TO BE AN A$$ AN BASICALLY SAY F ME. YOU KNOW WHAT---IT IS F YOU NOW.
CAN'T YOU READ A$$HOLE? I emailed/called/pm'ed the guy I sold it to and he said he sold it because it was a piece of $hit that he lost money on. He said this as though I stuck it to him. He said he wasn't going to spend the $60 to transfer it to his name because it wasn't worth it since it was such junk that he lost money on. When I told him I wanted it transferred into someones name he told me he couldn't do anything about it (he said it more like he wasn't going to do anything about it because he feels he got a raw deal). He knows the guy he sold it to and the vehicle is only about a mile from where I took it, but this person seems hell bent on leaving me stuck as the registered owner because he knows it irks me. Not only that but he also made it obvious to me that he's only going to call the guy and have him move it so it doesn't get towed and nothing more.
Now as it stands this vehicle is in my name, going to be towed tomorrow if the guy hasn't moved it, and the person I sold it to is basically refusing to fix this.
What do I do?

AND F YOU AGAIN
He printed up a bill of sale the night I sold it, but I was in the middle of moving and it has been months so I have no idea of where it is. He refused to print up a new one that he signed and could send to me so that I could show I sold it. This guy just totally changed from when I dealt with him that night. For some reason he is punishing me for something he apparently wasn't happy with later. I told him to call his friend and tell him I was going to tow it myself since I was still the registered owner and he acted like I was doing something wrong.

AND AGAIN
Thanks for the links. I emailed one to him and hopefully he will take the time to fill it out and I can forget about this.

ALL YOU HAD TO DO THE THIRD TIME WAS FILL OUT THE FORM. YOU CHOSE TO DO THE OPPOSITE AND BASICALLY SAY F ME AGAIN. I HAVE BEEN REASONABLE TO THIS POINT BUT YOU CAN F YOURSELF NOW.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT MONEY YOU LITTLE PUNK!

You have had enough? You should have transferred it over to your name. At the least, when I called you last week you should have just offered to do another bill of sale so that I had something to show the DMV. I have no problem with you involving the police. I have done nothing wrong. All that I want done is what you are obligated to do when you transfer a vehicle. I only phoned you again because you said you would speak to your friend and call me back, I guess you were just lying to me about calling me back?
You did not help me out by buying the 4runner. It was your decision, simple as that. You had every opportunity to not buy it and send me on my way. Don't even act now like you were not given all of the information on that vehicle! I told you that I had absolutely no information about the engine. If you choose to lie about that than you are even lower than I first thought. For reference look here http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250442
or there are even more referrences to the fact that I knew nothing about the engine and was just trying to get it running.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244039
/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/209238-pressure-regulator-vacume-hose.html
/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/242783-need-info-lines-charcoal-canister.html
/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/242508-need-info-transmission-864runner.html
/forum/vehicles-trailers-sale/202294-86-4runner-900-trade-newport-oregon.html
/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/217284-need-pics-alternator-mount-22re.html
/forum/misc-stuff-sale/214589-toyota-fan-parts-stuff.html
/forum/wanted/150839-shifter-86-4-runner-tranny-also-plug-wires.html
/forum/vehicles-trailers-sale/154523-86-4runner-900-oregon.html
/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/150837-oil-pan-difference-22re.html
/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/145228-looking-little-info-did-search-fj40-parts-older-4runner.html

and this is when I bought it. If anyone got screwed over it was me, first by this guy and now by you.
/forum/vehicles-trailers-sale/142599-1986-4runner.html

I am calling the DMV again today as well as the Code Enforcement office. I don't have the guys info who you sold it to but I do have yours so I will be giving that to them. I can't believe that you will not just do another bill of sale, or wouldn't fill out the FREE transfer information. All I can say is it all comes back around in the end.
David

HELLO FOR SALE MODERATOR. I hope there is something that can be done about this guy.

--- "Peter" <enucleate@comcast.net> wrote:
David-

Ok. I've had enough. Quit calling me... messaging me... etc. Or I will
call the police. This is harrasment.

I helped you out by purchasing your piece of crap 4runner. Which had many
more problems than you described... including bad engine... (false
advertisement) none of the wiring done correctly (including 02 sensor)...
back window. No gear oil in T case. Oh yeah... and the liability of bad
brakes too. Not to mention I lost $300 on it....

Is there something you don't understand??

----- Original Message -----
To: <enucleate@comcast.net>
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 10:42 PM
Subject: just fill out this form and be done with this

> https://www.odot.state.or.us/dmv/SSL/SellerNotice/
>
>
> My name is David Miller
>
> the vehicle info is plate # ZFT175
>
> vin #JT4RN62D1G0091138
>
> I don't have the title number because you or your friend has the title.
>
> It will take you minutes and this will be all done. C'mon, I just want
this out of my name.
> David
>
> __________________________________________________ ___________
> Sign up for your own Free PirateMail!
> http://www.pirate4x4.com
Old 09-21-2004, 09:38 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 5655
So if the guy is not his friend so what? Peter you have his phone number give it to me. Maybe he will do what you should have done and release me from the vehicle. There should be a bill of sale between the two of you. Also you are only a couple miles from him. From where I dropped off the 4runner turn left towards Broadway. Left onto Willamette Falls Drive. Right onto Willamette Dr/OR-43. OR-43 becomes Old Oregon City West Linn Bridge. Right onto Main St./OR-43 S. Left onto 5th. 5th becomes Mcloughlin BLvd. Left on Tumwater. The report says the vehicle is in front of 324 Tumwater. But, you probably already know how to get there?

I am 3 hours away and you are minutes, you also have his phone number. Go over, call him again, have him call me, do something right, don't just keep saying there is nothing you can do, you caused this problem!

Peter you are a f-head right now! I challenge you to find a single person on this board who says I have not been more than upstanding in dealing with them. Pull your head out of your butt before this causes more problems on this board for you.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:58 AM   #22 (permalink)
Cranky Moderator

Member # 2026
Send a message via AIM to steveh
Listen up, and listen well. You are both morons who don't know how to buy and sell private party. Your both at fault for this situation. Joey, you should have learned what to do with DMV the first 10 days and you would be clear of this.

Peter, sorry, it's a buyer beware world when buying private party. What part of he had to trailer it to you did you not get a clue that it was probably in need of an unknown amount of repairs???

I don't feel sorry for either of you, and unless matts or SDCJ want to, I see no reason for them to be involved with the mess you 2 made.

Joey, Call the DMV, tell them you did not know to fill out the paperwork, and ask them what you need to do. Posting here is not going to solve the problem.

Peter, you should do the same.

And Peter, the condition of the Runner has no bearing on doing the right thing, when buying used, the Buyer has the chance to inspect, and it's not the sellers fault if you missed stuff.

You both made serious mistakes with the basics.

You both need to take a step back, quit calling each other names, and work this out offline, this is not a PBB problem IMO.
Rubicon Trail Foundation
"Wow this is unbelievable"
10th Anniversary Cantina For the 'Con 2014
steveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 10:14 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 5655
Steveh-- You are wrong about a few things.
If I did not post on this board about this I would not have known about the froms that were supposed to be filled out.
Secondly, even with the form that is sent to the DMV,which I filled out last night, the title is still in my name. This is something that I cannot correct since I do not have the title.
Thirdly, I posted here because I sold it here and Peter posts on here. He sells vehicles and I wanted to let other people know to make sure about the registration when dealing with selling vehicles.
Fourth, I learned by this and posting here lets others learn how not to sell/buy a vehicle.
Fifth, I did not call any names until late in the game. And if you read my post you would have seen that not only did I say he was a stand-up guy until this, I said he was a f-head RIGHT NOW, not otherwise.
Sixth, I talked to the DMV well before I posted here. The answer I got was the only thing I could do was request Peter send me another bill of sale, or do as he was required to do by law and register the vehicle.
Seventh, I tried working this out off of the board. Many times.
Lastly, I did not involve any moderators. Matts was just nice enough to offer up----more I think to prompt Peter to fix this than anything.

I never said I did everything right. I realized that, that is why I posted here asking for information on what to do. We had a transaction, Peter printed up bills of sale that we signed (I cannot find the darned thing), I signed over the title, everything seemed kosher for months, than whamo I get a tow/fine notice.
The whole issue is the vehicle is going to be towed, it is in my name, and even with all of the options I have given Peter he refuses to help fix this.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:07 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 386
Send a message via ICQ to MattS
Quote:
Originally Posted by montypower
Great one sidded story...

I purchased the truck from this Joey guy... Who advertised the truck as one thing... turned out different. Including: 70K mile engine?? (needs rebuild) Bad brakes (never mentioned) Electrical (issues everywhere) I trusted the guy and bought it... assuming everything was as described. But that was my fault. I knew I couldn't do anything but waste more money on the truck... so I sold it to another guy (who is not a friend). And he has not transfered the title.

Since Joey called me saying they were going to tow the truck... I did my part of going back to the current owner and sharing the information. But now Joey wants me to get the title transfered??? How can I??? It is not in my posession. I don't even have the truck.

And seriously... if the truck got towed.... Joey would be out a few hundred. Then he could fix the truck right and resell it? And probably earn more money.

I figured I'd post up... due to everyone bashing me?? Waz the deal?? And I've talked to Joey on the phone. Through Email. On the Board. And he makes it sound like I'm not responding. Seriously.
The simple fact of the matter is that you gave him $$$ for a truck. Buying ANYTHING used is always AS_IS. You have a bill of sale.

YOU BOUGHT THE TRUCK. Now finish the paperwork.

He has legal proof that you bought the truck. LEGALLY he can turn you in after 30 days for tax evasion. You owe taxed on your new purchase.

So before he makes your life a living hell do whatever you can to get him out of the loop and complete the sale. And next time do it right.
MattS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 12:18 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 24024
Send a message via ICQ to montypower
You seriously have an anger issue. And you addressed this problem completely wrong. Don't expect people do stuff for you after you bash them. You should take a class on making friends or influencing people.

The results would have been different had you addressed it better. Think it through. And I really don't appreciate your language choice.