Pirate 4x4 banner

Perch on short side of Dana 44

533 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  SirMrManGuy 
#1 ·
I am going to be doing a SAS on my 3rd gen 4runner in a couple of months. I have most of the parts and I am now figuring out how everything is going to work. Anyways I have a 87' waggy axle that I am using. I was wonding how people have mounted their driver side spring to the axle. It has to be mounted on top of the cast and welding to cast isn't good. Any thoughts?

#3 ·
Its cast steel, not cast iron, so welding to it isn't much of a problem. People do it all the time. If you're not comfortable with it, have an experienced welder do it for you.

#4 ·
ErikB said:
Its cast steel, not cast iron, so welding to it isn't much of a problem. People do it all the time. If you're not comfortable with it, have an experienced welder do it for you.
i did bent shackles on my 60. i had the same problem. look at user 300sniper and he is who i copied. its perfect because u can use all the factory dana perches. way easy and way cheap!

#5 · (Edited)
Hey, I used to be a Buff, I'll probably be back in a year or so to finish up my degree. If you haven't already join the 4wd club, they really need members. Oh yeah check out Slee offroad if you havent already (probably have since you drive a late modle runner), they are in Golden. Probably could help you with the welding if you needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.