Pirate 4x4 banner

Who makes disc brake brackets for mini rears?

1K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  4RnrRick 
#1 ·
Title says it all. I have Chevy calipers/rotors that I want to put on my mini truck rear axle, who makes brackets :confused:

#3 ·
#7 ·
Along the same lines, does anyone sell a bracket to mount a typical yota caliper? I have a set of ifs rotors and cruiser calipers sitting in the shop to use. I could make them myself but what fun would that be? :D

#9 ·
bought a pair of $20 AA-Mfg brackets, modified/welded to the housing flange, monte calipers bolt right up, 1/2ton 4x4 front rotors with machined centers.... cheap and easy.

#10 ·
My rear drums rusted into a solid piece of rust when my truck was sitting in my driveway for a year when I couldn't afford to insure it. :(

This might be a good oppertunity to gut the current brakes and do a rear disc conversion. Think I could do the whole thing for less than $150? I'm still broke.

EDIT: I guess I'll be torching my old drums off.

#11 ·
fabricator said:
PM me your addy, I will send you a set
you pay for the ride
maybe you can return the favor some day.....
Thanks alot bud, PM on the way :beer:

I bought a conversion kit from Streetrod Mfg for my Cruiser and only ran it for one weekend before I tore the rig down to build the X Chassis. In the planning stages of the build we decided a mini truck rear would work out better than the Cruiser axle I had. So now I have a set of basicly brand new brackets that fit FJ axles, I think I'll head over to the Cruiser Forum and offer this set up for the same deal you gave me :)

#13 ·
That's a good option as well Woody, looks good. :)

#14 ·
I bought the metalfusion ones, cost $80 & are weld on, but came with instructions on cheap part #s:) & they were very beefy. the parts required me to turn the end of axle down, the end with studs, and the inside of rotor, not the lil 1" tip but the 3" or so part a;; around the studs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.