Pirate 4x4 banner

D60 High Steer

606 views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  RealJeepMan 
#1 ·
Anyone running behind the axle high steer on a D60 in there yota. Wondering if there is oil pan clearance problems. Lets see what you got. Looking at a set of MAD4WD arms.

See less See more
#3 ·
Ben Holloway said:
call trevor at wfo i bought a set of his arms, he said with a 2wd pan clearance problems should be minimal if there are any at all

Ben
Does he make them with the fifth hole for Dendenbear knuckles? Guess i'll just give him a call. You install the steering box yet?

#6 ·
myeyesore said:
I ran mine in the rear last year, as long as you move your axle forward you should clear your oil pan. Mine rubbed a bit, but not too bad.

And I second WFO, I dont have the five hole knuckles though, just running the stock chevy knuckles, Im pretty sure he'll have it though.
Do you have any pics. Would like to see how close the clearance is.

#9 ·
If you going to run hydo or assist, its a bad idea to run the tie rod behind. It puts too much load on the upper king pin on the passanger side. Unless you have the money to by welder boys nuckes. Welder boy built his nuckes after a nucker failer running the set up your talking about with the ram in front of the axle and the tie rod behind.

#10 ·
Randy said:
If you going to run hydo or assist, its a bad idea to run the tie rod behind. It puts too much load on the upper king pin on the passanger side. Unless you have the money to by welder boys nuckes. Welder boy built his nuckes after a nucker failer running the set up your talking about with the ram in front of the axle and the tie rod behind.

So.....run the ram behind the axle, from the pumpkin to the tierod, worked great for me........

#13 ·
RealJeepMan said:
WFO and Mad4wd have the 5th hole and behind the axle. I am running the WFO arms with Dedenbear knuckles behind the axle and have had ZERO problems.
Is this in a jeep? What I need to know is if there are problems with oil pan clearance in a yota with a 22R. Does the tie rod hit the oil pan under compression.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.