Pirate 4x4 banner

Drivers side drop T-case options?

416 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sickfab 
#1 ·
Doing a bit of research for a friend here, he's putting together a trail rig with an EB chassis and axles, but, using a 2l/5 speed out of a Toy, he's got 2 of 'em, one with a 2wd trans, other is a 4x4 setup. Of course, the EB 44 is drvers side drop, which makes things complicated.
He's been talking about trying to clock the toy t-case and run it upside down, but, I'm figuring that will likley create some interesing issues to deal with.
What other options does he have to work with? I know about using a later chain drive case, but, Tacomas aren't exactly common in junkyards up here yet. Or is there another transmission that will bolt up to the 2L and a drivers side drop case?
We could always stick a Toy axle under the nose, but, that'd be just as much fun to do....

#2 ·
Even though a Taco case will be harder to find, I'd try to hold out for one. Use the 4x tranny and t-case, and get an adapter from Marlin to put the Taco case behind the gear reduction portion of the 4cyl gear t-case thats there. That would be a sweet setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.