Pirate 4x4 banner

ATTN: Tinbender

832 views 39 replies 20 participants last post by  Wilson 
#1 ·
i just purchased a ticket for jackhammer and my whole crew is running sledgehammer.. sledge was all sold out. can i still run sledgehammer?

it would kinda suck to not wheel with my budds...

or if anyone out there wants to switch with me i would be happy to trade my jack for your sledge..!!! :D

#3 ·
KC_JoNeS said:
Id say, get there a day earlier and run it with your buds...

It is sold out because wrecking ball kicks ass. Or you could just sneek in behind your buds and forget about it. :p

that was my first thought.... :flipoff2:

at last resort, be a sneeky little :evil: :flipoff2: .....

#5 ·
KC_JoNeS said:
Or you could just sneek in behind your buds and forget about it. :p
Ok at the risk of sounding like a dick. Don't do that. We're working our asses off to make this a great event for everyone. While it may suck to not be with your bud's... it sucks worse to get 27 rigs on Outer Limits. This is easily the 10th request I've heard and if we said yes to everyone, it would get out of hand pretty quick.

Bottom line, it's up to the trail leader, but if you can switch out with someone that would be a helluva lot better.

Appreciate your support, it's a bigger deal than you might think getting 270 rigs through the trails at the hammers :flipoff2:

#7 ·
JeepRecoveryTeam said:
Ok at the risk of sounding like a dick. Don't do that. We're working our asses off to make this a great event for everyone.

Appreciate your support, it's a bigger deal than you might think getting 270 rigs through the trails at the hammers :flipoff2:
at the risk of sounding like a complete moron, I was only kidding.....hence the :p

I know you guys are doing an awesome job. This jambo will be second to none. I am so excited that I have pissed my pants several times over the last couple weeks in anticipation. :smokin:

#8 ·
KC_JoNeS said:
at the risk of sounding like a complete moron, I was only kidding.....hence the :p

I know you guys are doing an awesome job. This jambo will be second to none. I am so excited that I have pissed my pants several times over the last couple weeks in anticipation. :smokin:

Sure, blame it on us.. I heard it was the alcohol! :flipoff2:

#9 · (Edited)
Um as a suggestion. My club at our annual even usually just runs a second team / group delays them by about an hour / hour and half. I understand that it requires an additional trail leader and tail runner but if you have a couple of people who are not in the club but are very familiar with the trail. We usually let them run the second group. We just give them an extra perk like a couple of t-shirts or raffle tickets. Just a suggestion that is all. 27 rigs are a handful but like mentioned maybe even breaking up the group into two of 20 the difference of the 7 or so rigs will make travel easier and the time delay also ensures you don't get too conjested from the first take off group.

#10 ·
JeepRecoveryTeam said:
Ok at the risk of sounding like a dick. Don't do that. We're working our asses off to make this a great event for everyone. While it may suck to not be with your bud's... it sucks worse to get 27 rigs on Outer Limits. This is easily the 10th request I've heard and if we said yes to everyone, it would get out of hand pretty quick.

Bottom line, it's up to the trail leader, but if you can switch out with someone that would be a helluva lot better.

you dont sound like a dick at all... i have run and organized very large events in the past and understand that when people dont play by the rules thangs get out of hand...

i was compleatly joking... i will be wheelin on jack unless i can get the trail leader to give the ok or somone wants to trade so i can run sledge.... :D

#11 ·
obex26 said:
Um as a suggestion. My club at our annual even usually just runs a second team / group delays them by about an hour / hour and half. I understand that it requires an additional trail leader and tail runner but if you have a couple of people who are not in the club but are very familiar with the trail. We usually let them run the second group. We just give them an extra perk like a couple of t-shirts or raffle tickets. Just a suggestion that is all. 27 rigs are a handful but like mentioned maybe even breaking up the group into two of 20 the difference of the 7 or so rigs will make travel easier and the time delay also ensures you don't get too conjested from the first take off group.
The problem with that is that we aren't talking about typical trails. On every single trail there will be breakage. Some of it, significant. Getting the 20th rig in the first group back to the dinner/raffle by dark is hard enough. Getting another 10 behind that rig through is just not going to happen.

Last year was an eye opener for me. I'm used to running sledge in 45 minutes camp to camp(going slow). Outer Limits can be done easily in 2-3 hours. It took us all of 10 hours to get the group back from OL last year. There's always the rig or driver who's overmatched, but the big problem is the 'buddy' mentality.

Buddy A breaks. Buddies B, C, and D refuse to proceed up the trail cause they want to heckle their buddy while he fixes his birf .

An hour goes by. Buddy A gets up the obstical, Buddy B proceeds to break his birf on the same rock.

Rinse Repeat :flipoff2:

Maybe next year we'll lead some runs on Friday, Friday night or Saturday after the raffle.

d

#12 ·
Don't you guys use the 3 tries and go around/strap/winch over rule? ( I have never been up on these trails so I am not sure if there is an option to go around.) They want to stroke egos and go for broke let them do it at a later time. Your running a trail and trying to ensure everyone is having a good time not waiting for repairs and spending an excessive amount of time trying to finish a trail. We also have "unofficial night runs" basically a group of attendees just happen to go out on their own. They are adults and can do what they want. Those times are considered NOT endorsed by the event and beyond the control of the eventholders releasing them of all liability. I also don't know how many people you have at your event ours this last November had about 200 attendants and about 140 vehicles. And we had two trail leaders for certian trails that would start at opposite directions and there were the options of go arounds so it was possible to cross paths without a traffic jam. Those were on our 3 and under rated trails. The 4+ rated had certian safety requirements before you were even allowed to sign up for a trail. If you lied about certian equipment (lockers) and it bacame apparent you were not properly equipped you were forced on go arounds or automatically strapped over the obstacle without the option of trying on your own. This was to ensure you were no longer the slow down on the trail.

#15 ·
Obex, often times the easy way around is still a challenge, and like JRT said stuff will break. "The way" is usally enough of a challenge in the large groups. Last year it was suggested by our trail leaders that if we wanted to pull our own lines, we stay towards the rear of pack to not hold the masses up. I happened to be in a rig last year that broke on every trail and it had ringed longs and alloy shafts. The driver wasn't trying crazy lines, just had bad luck.

#16 · (Edited)
On these kind of runs I make it a point not to wheel with my friends, That way I get to know more people and more people get to know me and find out why We call our selfs OOPS and Mrs OOPS!!!!! :flipoff2: Fridays & Sundays are for the runs withyour friends!!!! :grinpimp:

#17 ·
Wilson said:
The driver wasn't trying crazy lines, just had bad luck.

Is that what you are calling it "bad luck"? You can tell the truth, I am a bad spotter (at times) but I am working on that. :D

Obex, I just have to say it... "you don't know Jack" If you are offended by that statement, you are just not familiar with Camo's sig. :flipoff2:

JW

#21 ·
JeepRecoveryTeam said:
You get paid :confused: :flipoff2:

For those of you making your first trip to the hammers... find a way to take an extra day. You will not be disappointed.

d

I'll be out there tuesday night. only one extra day won't cut it. :flipoff2:

#25 ·
I was Trail boss on Sledge last year and again this year. Last year we had a full 20 rigs signed up but only 16 showed up. After the second Birf change 7 rigs turned around and left, even though we moved the broken rig outta the way. It still took most of the day to get the remaining 9 rigs thru.

Total carnage:3 birfs, 1 cut tire and a flop(all on 1 rig) and a D44 outer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.