Pirate 4x4 banner

CHEAP On board Air. & 4AIR System Inflate & Deflate 4 tires at once

8K views 47 replies 28 participants last post by  LostIt 
#1 ·
Thought I'd share with you EXTREEME Guys

Well heres a quickie write up on my latest MOD. it's something EVERYONE wants but for the most part its to EXPENSIVE.. Well ladies and Gents Here it is....

(Drum roll Please) :smokin: :smokin: :cool2: :grinpimp:

This is a DV-Inovation MF-1050 flows 72 Liters per minute.

This unit is NICE, made from STEAL not Pastic

I mounted the unit Beside the Brake Booster on the drivers side. Bolted it down to the Fender well. Theres enough room to even store the hose

See less See more
#2 ·
Here is the 4Air System, Mine is a knock off of the GREAT Roger Brown's Creation. BUY YOURS from Roger Brown as it will be cheaper for you. UNLESS you order all the pieces in BULK and build one for all of your 4x4 club members. as we did.

Now the fun part. I can deflate all 4 tires to the EXACT same PSI and go from 31 psi to 9 psi In 2 Minutes and 25 seconds

Close the Valve, hook up the air line, and turn on the Compressor. I can Inflate all 4 Tires from 8psi back to 31 psi in 13 minutes and 48 Seconds. (BTW I have 31" x 10.5 M/T's)

Complete Write Up on my website. (You may have to hit "SHIFT and the Refresh" button for the page to show if you been to my site before)

If you wanna order your compressor contact: Ed Lorenzen over at Motor City Imports: 209-529-2886 or email: awsumfn@sbcglobal.net Tell him Michael Sent you.

#8 ·
GJC said:
I can read, just slow :flipoff2:

Im just teasing.

Future plans will be calling for an air tank. and an air line running to the back cab to run some tools.

Oh BTW I hard wired the compressor to the battery. The Compressor has a switch on it and comes with some decent gauge wire and an inline fuse allready on it.

#10 ·
This little compressor KICKS ASS!

I just bought one, my buddy made a small air tank (size of a FOSTERS beer can) plumbed it to run my dual ARB's and currently using it to also air up my tires. 37x12.50x17 2 psi to 35 psi in less than 4 minutes per tire.
Hard wired it and added a switch will turn off automatically at 80 psi for my ARB's and use a quick disconnect to plug in the air hose to fill up tires.
Will be using my A/C compressor soon. At least I know I have a good back up! :D

#12 · (Edited)
Close the Valve, hook up the air line, and turn on the Compressor. I can Inflate all 4 Tires from 8psi back to 31 psi in 13 minutes and 48 Seconds. (BTW I have 31" x 10.5 M/T's)
Sure its cheap but thats sounds kinda slow to me.....

Say a 31 x 10.5 X 15 tire has [(31/2)^2-(15/2)^2]*pi*10.5 ~ 6,070 sq inches

My 36 x 13.5 X 15 tire have ~ 11,355 sq inches.

My OBA is a Rotary York setup ($35 from a wrecking yard)and I can air these from 4 psi to 18 psi in 7 minutes from the time I park to the time I driving down the road again so thats approximately 1.5 min per tire. Although my old QA2 setup I had would do it in about 15-20 minutes which was WAY too long for me.

#14 ·
4RnrRick said:
....and I can air these from 4 psi to 18 psi in 7 minutes from the time I park to the time I driving down the road again
What Rick said. Plus I can do everyone else's tires too, without watching the little electric compressor motor go sizzle-POP. With my 5 gal tank and two nerfbar tanks, the compressor will have everything at around 120-130 psi when I roll to a stop....a big headstart on airing up.

And those wonderful hummer runflats make the 36X12.50s air up like they are 31X10.50s.

I have had an electric compressor, a CO2 tank, and a York. Nothing compares to the York. And you can get a freshly rebuilt one from Advance Auto or Autozone for $96, all nice and warranteed and such.

#19 ·
4Hummer said:
To order your compressor contact: Ed Lorenzen over at Motor City Imports: 209-529-2886 or email: awsumfn@sbcglobal.net Tell him Michael Sent you.

The Compressor Cost me $74.95

You may get yours cheaper than I did as I bought mine threw Ebay. Ed tells me he can save people a couple bucks by buying Direct threw him (No Ebay Fee's)

that same compressor was $50.00 at kragengens reciently dont know if it was a sale or not.

#20 ·
hbar314 said:
Hey 4Rnrick how many sq inches of air does your york flow? :flipoff2:
Yorks do between 5 and 10 CFM (cubic feet per minute). I have common tire volumes listed on my web page and how to determine inflation times. Tires have volumes in the 2-5 cu.ft. range (each - depending on size):

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/OnBoardAir.shtml#HowMuchAirForTires

I've run an electric (2 CFM - Thomas brand) compressor for many years. It works fine for 33s and has a 100% duty cycle, but I'll be converting my stock A/C compressor for airing up tires. Keep the electric for the ARBs and for a backup in case the A/C unit craps out. If that happens, I also have a York that I'll make some brackets for.

#23 ·
OOP'S said:
If I was going to go back to a 12 volt compressor this is the only one I would get, and look it is a YORK pump!!!!!

Anyone have one of these? Just wondering if theres a gear drive for that motor to get the speed up. The motor looks like the same ones used on lowrider car hydraulics. You can get cheap chinese motors for very little $.

#25 ·
seafarinman said:
That compressor that 4Hummer mentioned is $44.95 at Checker/Schucks/Kragen. It flows like 2.54 CFM. I have one. It aired up my 37" MTR's from 15-35 psi in like 15 mins and did not overheat or stop. Seems pretty good for the money and allows me to save the CO2 in my 20lb tank for air tools or reseating beads.
While 72 l/min = 2.54 CFM, that flow rate is likely measured at 0 psi (free flow). Judging by 4Hummer's air up times, it is flowing about 1 CFM average in the 8-30 psi range. All compessors have their flow rate fall off as the pressure goes up and electrics even more so, since the motor has to work harder and it slows down. But 1 CFM is about the lowest output that is tolerable, at least for 33" or smaller. For that price, stick a couple of them in parallel, pumping into a tank and it could be a decent setup.

#26 ·
I think its pretty weird to inflate 4 tires at a time with 4 hoses! :eek:

Anyway I inflate my 35"s with my Co2 tank from 15-32 psi in 45 seconds each....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.