Pirate 4x4 banner

Speed limit in JV.. is there one?

1K views 50 replies 22 participants last post by  whitebrowithafro 
#1 ·
So Gettin real excited about the jambo. I cant find a speed limit on any gov site for JV... since you guys think there will be rangers out there has anyone ever been sited for unsafe driving on the main roads? NOT IN CAMP . Im talking about on the way back from x rated by the mine for instance... I know its a OHV park but do I have to worry about a speed limit? Or a ranger sighting me for wreckless driving?

Mike-

#2 ·
BnTMike said:
So Gettin real excited about the jambo. I cant find a speed limit on any gov site for JV... since you guys think there will be rangers out there has anyone ever been sited for unsafe driving on the main roads? NOT IN CAMP . Im talking about on the way back from x rated by the mine for instance... I know its a OHV park but do I have to worry about a speed limit? Or a ranger sighting me for wreckless driving?

Mike-

For most I think the terain will limit your speed, unless you wanna knock your teeth out. Granted there are a few spots you can really get up and GO...

#3 ·
You must not remember Jason getting knocked out in the dunes :flipoff2:

Has the main valley road that goes to the back of xrated, clawhammer ect and all the northern trails gone to crap? I havent been since 2001. I remeber that road being smooth with some sweet rollers in it... we were running it for a couple miles at mach 1 with some sweet air under the tires.

#5 ·
Aaronn said:
as long as your not a dumb ass you can go as fast as you want :D but hopfully we wont have any helicopters landing on the lakebed that weekend :D
Remember the first roxy bash when the Sheriff asked us to stop lighting off the Mickey bombs cause they was making the helo pilot (Viet Nam vet) nervous :laughing: :laughing:

#6 ·
I have never seen any of the roads marked with #s or anything like that? I can't imagine that there is a speed limit once you are in the desert. Any of the OHV parks I have been to have not had a speed limit in the "riding areas" for dirtbikes, unless marked accordingly. I also know that Johnson Valley is a very popular OHV park for the motorcycle crowd. I would "let it all hang out" when you are safely away from camp.

JW

#8 ·
Ill put my sand flag on... but I fully understand people everywhere... no diffs wanted here. I have almost hit multiple snowmoblies.... there doin 80 and im at 50 some real close calls.... Im talking about gettin it in that huge valley by the mine.. after the masters course I think?

Oh ya.. are you guys putting on a show at the masters course? set up some cones for fun and try your luck kinda thing?

#10 ·
I also just thought about what was said earlier... kids, lots of people... should I leave my party hat at home or is this a pirate, jackass, tinbender kinda get together that people are cool about party hats being worn?

#12 ·
BnTMike said:
I also just thought about what was said earlier... kids, lots of people... should I leave my party hat at home or is this a pirate, jackass, tinbender kinda get together that people are cool about party hats being worn?
party all you want..just don't hurt anyone but yourself :D

you sound like the perfect canidate for a free ride on the "Wheel of Fun" :D

#17 ·
no dumbasses are allowed at the jambo :flipoff2:

just watch out for others. at TDS, i was riding with a guy that thought he was in the baja 1000. we came literally 2 feet from hitting a kid on a 4 wheeler. he kid had decided to do donuts in the middle of the road right in front of us. :eek:

it scared the living shit out of me. we would of killed him for sure....

#19 ·
BnTMike said:

I think the two wheel drive contest is more your style. Is that going on again this year?Anybody can go fast and your rig won't be fastest there :grinpimp:

#20 ·
dito to being safe I would also like too add watch for dogs and tell your kids to watch for dogs too they dont understand the motorized vehicles at least mine dont.Im leaving mine at home the vet is just too expensive :D .Bottom line is haul ass and be safe while you do it,its not that hard I do it all the time :D

#21 ·
BnTMike said:
Which one?
:grinpimp: :rasta: :beret: :girly: :jester: :vader2: :trooper:
or my favorite :bender:

Daytime watch out for the kids, night time kids watchout for us :goofball:

#22 ·
After 2 years of building I would think you could go on one run and not break... but I guess not. The 5 Day jb welded 4skinner is on 4-4 runs.... including a rock run. So poke back at ya ***.

Mike

#23 ·
I just confirmed Sac is my spotter.. the benders have no idea whats instore.. Johnson Valley will neve be the same. Pirates stood back in awe when Sac got his Sack On.

#24 ·
sometimes i think the BLM or whoever runs the show sets the speed limits. here in washington the parks service or something sets the rules for the beaches, and they're considered a highway with a 30mph speed limit...they have sheriffs handing out tickets for speeding...on the fawking beach :rainbow:

#25 ·
BnTMike said:
I just confirmed Sac is my spotter.. the benders have no idea whats instore.. Johnson Valley will neve be the same. Pirates stood back in awe when Sac got his Sack On.

He is a pretty funnay fawker that Ole Sac. :laughing:

Can't wait for the Hammers. :grinpimp:

#26 ·
Back to the Speed Limit Question...

A while back I asked the Ranger at El Mirage (also an OHV area administered by the BLM) if there was a speed limit on the dry lake there. His response was "If you are going to go over 150 MPH you should put out some cones" :eek: .

They hold races at JV (though not in the Hammers area)...

Be careful when you are close to camp, use some discretion elsewhere, and have fun! :D

If you want to set a new land speed record I would suggest one of the less crowded dry lakes nearby, like Melville, Gallaway, or Emerson (Melville being the closest, just west of the Mountians that are west of Means). Besides, Means has those pesky bomb craters :nuke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.