Pirate 4x4 banner

where did i see new front coilover kit for trucks?

3K views 38 replies 22 participants last post by  RobG 
#1 ·
i thought i saw a post here somewhere about a shop , cant remember the name, making a prototype front coilover/ link setup for a 87 runner. there isnt a price on them yet and its new, thats all i remember.

#9 ·
I don't suppose anybody heard of a possible $$ for this, couldn't find anything on the site about it

#10 ·
psychotoy said:
I don't suppose anybody heard of a possible $$ for this, couldn't find anything on the site about it
Well, if you started pricing out the 3 link materials like joints, and tubing, and panhard stuff....that coupled with the coilovers...you would look at close to $1500 just for that. Then you need to factor in the bracketry, and various other misc components to the setup.

I would be willing to bet the "kit" would go for around $2K+.

I say, do it yourself if you can.

#14 ·
i know he has been driven it on the street a bunch. i havent hierd if there are any issues. it might be a little slinky in the corners but nothing thats out of the norm. i will ask this week when i stop by.

my buddy drives this one everyday back and forth to work with no issues. basic same design

#23 ·
I was looking at the pics of this kit and it looks like this truck is a 3.0 V6. I also noticed that the hoops come through the fender wells. Just curious as to how the intake plumbing is routed with this kit and how the other accessories were moved/relocated. Do you have a picture of the engine bay. Curious as to how much work is required under the hood alongside with the actual suspension installation. Looks like a killer kit though!

#25 ·
The hoops do come up and over the 3.0

The limiting factor on this is the exceedingly narrow stock Toy solid axle, lots of mounts in a little space.

The truck works well on the trail, but needs the leaves to break in or get a cool linked rear to match the front.

How much does a high end leaf spring swap with custom springs and rebuildable/revalvable shocks cost? Coilovers give more adjustability and carry a premium price because of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.