Pirate 4x4 banner

My new Toy

626 views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  934RNR 
#1 ·
Just thought I would share and get coments suggestions ect. right now I have plans for some stuff but I am also looking for some insight.

Well I picked it up last Friday. She is stock .... for now :smokin:
Cant wait to see you guys on the trail.

Basics
89 Runner
211k miles
1 Onwner
Have Window Sticker!!

It looks like it had a BHG, but right now there isn't any trace of oil and coolant mixing, 5th gear sounds like it is going out, and it might need some joint work up front. I am still chasing a acceleration problem, it is really slugish from the low to mid range.

Imediate Plans:
Front Brush Gaurd
2" Body Lift
3" Susp lift
Aussie Lockers

Lookin for coments and suggestions,

TIA

See less See more
#3 ·
For the accellerator prob check throttle cable make sure housing isnt broken. Also check TPS and Throttle body. With as much armorall as there is in that engine bay it looks like it was drowned with a pressure washer experience from detailing cars. Also look for loose vacuum lines could have blown off and check the little relay crap things bolted to the valve cover from power washer as well. Water is not always your friend. Also check the fuel filter in back and charcoal canister up front. Also pull the boot cover off the distributer and make sure all of the plugs are secure and dry.

#8 ·
Beef1982 said:
Lookin for coments and suggestions,

TIA
You Suck and the Runner is a pice of junk :flipoff2:

JK
That thing is :grinpimp: Sweet :grinpimp:

#9 ·
SAS that SOB, lock it up, gear it down, 35's 37's or 38's,longfeilds, dual cases and get some :flipoff2:

#11 ·
ya it looks like someone did a hell of a detail job on that thing for having that many miles. it would make me wonder a little bit. But it looks good, too good to wheel hard i would say.

#13 ·
Its so nice it belongs in a museum or it should become an antique!!

#14 ·
That thing is clean, i think i would daily drive it and buy a cheap truck to build. Then when you have beat the truck to death just swap everything over. Whats the condition of the clutch accelaration problem could be the clutch slipping. don't waste your time or money on a IFS lift.

#18 ·
I picked it up off ebay for around 2k, I was workin on the issue yesterday. The TPS needed some adjustment and I swaped out all the plugs, wires, cap, rotor and I am glad to say that it is running great right now, I just need to adjust the idle.

Thanks allot you guys for the comments

#19 · (Edited)
Imediate Plans:
Front Brush Gaurd
Brush guards are fancy junk IMHO. They look nice but if you actutally hit something with one they cause way more extensive body damage.
Example you hit something hard on the side or center they push your grill and fenders in then those pin your doors shut then you open your door and it bends both the door and fender.
It has happened on quite a few vehicles the 4 runner not being a exception to this.
I would concider getting a low cost winch bumper like a TJM T-17 before a brush guard they offer way more protection.

That would look killer with a FROR bumper on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.