Pirate 4x4 banner

What's with the shortage on 4.88 v6 gears???

532 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ZUK 
#1 · (Edited)
My buddy is having a hell of a time trying to get some v6 4.88's It seems that everyone that makes them is out of stock or backordered. The only ones he's been able to find are some wierd cheep gear made by richmond and the stock bolts won't work with those, because they aren't long enough :confused: He tried finding some longer bolts but didn't have any luck there either. Has anyone heard anyything about when some more precisions or even us gear(yukon's) are gonna be available.

#4 ·
Tim Florian said:
My buddy is having a hell of a time trying to get some v6 4.88's It seems that everyone that makes them is out of stock or backordered. The only ones he's been able to find are some wierd cheep gear made by richmond and the stock bolts won't work with those, because they aren't long enough :confused: He tried finding some longer bolts but didn't have any luck there either. Has anyone heard anyything about when some more precisions or even us gear(yukon's) are gonna be available.
Basically what happened is the demand for rock crawling parts has gone way up in a very short time. Sales in the past few month for many shops is way above anything they have ever seen. I know at our shop orders way outstripped our parts availability on a lot of items. Some products we tripled our order calls and we still are out of stock on some items. It takes time to adjust to such a huge changes and to get additional parts build and "on the water". R&P gear production was steady but orders went way up, creating the current shortage. Everyone that makes these gears is building more as fast as possible. We can also expect a shortage on Detroit Lockers. Same deal. The supply of these is just about out in the US. We bought as many as we could but, were told these will soon be a backordered item as well.

We are expecting high pinion gears to be back in stock near the end of April, but V6 gears will be late June.

#5 ·
Tim Florian said:
Hey Tim....just a heads up that Staceman over on 4x4wire has a whole V6 truck 3rd with the factory 488(4 pinion open) for 200.....only has one.

#6 ·
ZUK said:
Hey Tim....just a heads up that Staceman over on 4x4wire has a whole V6 truck 3rd with the factory 488(4 pinion open) for 200.....only has one.
Is he a vendor? I just looked through the first 10 pages in the classifieds and couldn't find him I'll do some more searching after work today, but if you could post a link to him that would be great.

I tried PORC they're out also :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.