Pirate 4x4 banner

Firewall tubbing on a 3rd gen?....

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Poor A$$ Stock '93 
#1 ·
I am looking at tubbing my firewall but the third gen has so little space before the body mount that it doens't look like I will gain more then an inch and a half or so tops. Would it be worth the effort to butterfly the mount back? Lots of good info in the second gens but I don't see many third gens doing this.

#2 ·
Not that it helps with your wanting to tub them, but I just had to make my 39 Iorks fit, and all I did was move the axle forward an inch by redrilling the perches. Only clearance I have no is them rubbing the springs. Firewall is good. Just banged it in as much as I could. THis is with toy rears and a 2" body lift though.

#3 ·
Well i don't think that I will be needing to tub it at the moment cause the axle will be 3+ inches forward (rears, perch, and front hanger forward) and I have a 2" BL as well to only fit 36"s It is just that I have already trimmed my fenders and the new tire wheel will stick out far enough that this time I HAVE to put some flares on them. Since I have to weld I new inner fender lip in anyway I would rather do it right the first time and max out the available space for later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.