Pirate 4x4 banner

SAS Shackle Problems

911 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  4CrawlR 
#1 · (Edited)
SAS 04 Tacoma / 44044's / Bentup Kit

As soon as I put alot of weight on my susp. my shackles folded back against my frame. I put the hangers the normal position centered on the square hole in the frame, and the shackles are 5 3/4'' eye to eye. What is my problem? Are the shackles to short? Any would be greatly appreciated. Will

#2 ·
sounds like you springs are to long for you hanger/shackle combo. measure the lenght from bolt to bolt (front to back, in a straight lilne) then add the lenght of you shackle. these two measurements added together need to be AT LEAST 1" longer than the lenght of the main leaf. (measured along the arc of the spring) or your shackles will hit the frame before your springs can flatten out. make sense.

#8 ·
KNOX said:
SAS 04 Tacoma / 44044's / Bentup Kit

As soon as I put alot of weight on my susp. my shackles folded back against my frame. I put the hangers the normal position centered on the square hole in the frame, and the shackles are 7'' eye to eye. What is my problem? Are the shackles to short? Any would be greatly appreciated. Will
You need to either move the front hanger forward, or move the shackle hanger back, or get shorter springs.

Do it right.

#10 ·
That might work. Best, safest approach is to move the front hanger forward, or the rear hanger back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.