Pirate 4x4 banner

Flat Tow a Mini??

788 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  ZUK 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any pics of the mounts for the tow bar on a mini trk? I am helping a friend out who has a 84 pickup. want to see where you guys put the mounts for the towbar.... front still has stock bumper but has a marlin crawler front bumper on order.

#5 ·
ZUK said:
well...it's a 92....

wow ahh yeah your insane.....

somthing tells me that wouldnt hold up with the good old CHP!!!

#6 ·
Holy shiet! only a chain around each hanger attaches the tow bar to the rig?you even joined the chains with only a bolt rather than a binder? When that bolt shears you are going to kill some poor person.

#7 · (Edited)

I hope thats a joke! Because I wouldn't be bragging about that!!!! Thats fucking scary!!!!! you'd be better off with a tow rope! Oh and you can tell its just like a Jeep guy to put the shackles up front......

Heres the pictures I was refering to earlier....

Notice the dual receiver hitches:

The drawing:

Tow bar:

Receiver hitch pivots: (testing for fitment, thats why its only tack welded)

how it looks like towing:

And how to hold the driveshaft...

#8 ·
drilled the front bumper (stock) and bolted the "Drawtite" mounts to the bumper on the 92.
on the 85, welded the mounts to the frame.
will be flat towing to the Hammers, as I do every time-

#10 ·
ZUK said:
oops :) sorry my bad....I forgot that some of the web wheel posters here are such dumb fucks when it comes to fab work.
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: I will not say anything about you towing from AZ to the hammers without a problem. I am surprised no one said anything about how long the draw bar is!!!!!!!! :grinpimp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.