Pirate 4x4 banner

rollover with in cab cage??

2K views 47 replies 31 participants last post by  psychotoy 
#1 ·
I'm asking because I want protection, but I'm trying to talk myself out of an exo for weight reasons, what kind of damage can I expect from a low impact roll(slow roll), with in cab installed, is it going to fuck up the pillars and spit out the windshield? just trying to decide, thanx guys :D

#6 ·
I dont have pics but Marcos barrel rolled at buck island last year with a incab... saved him. STRAP IN YOUR KEY! his key fell out of ign and got pinched from cab to cage... 3 hours of looking found it.

Mike-

#7 ·
Mine was a harder roll and deforemd the cab around the cage. Search for pictures of Heywoods cage, it survived several rolls with no damage. One hard roll off backdoor did finally distort the cab, but it was in amazing shape considering. It was tied into the A pillars and roof.

#9 ·
cage

That is a great pic, these are exactly the type of answers I was looking for, keep the pics coming boys!! :smokin:

#12 · (Edited)
Mine took another windsheild after using a hilift to raise the roof back up about 2 inches and pushing it back forward about 3 inches. It did require a bit of window glue to seal the corners though. I originally gave the pics to forrestcam to upload I don't have copies of the fullsize pictures anymore I don't think.

Attachments

#14 ·
I think it's classic that you have the student driver sticker on the bumper upside down.

#17 ·
psychotoy said:
I'm asking because I want protection, but I'm trying to talk myself out of an exo for weight reasons, what kind of damage can I expect from a low impact roll(slow roll), with in cab installed, is it going to fuck up the pillars and spit out the windshield? just trying to decide, thanx guys :D
I love ya man :D

#19 ·
flopped off the house at Crozet, slow roll off an 8 foot tall rock. I took out the windshield and never even tried to put a new windshield in it.

than this is what it looke like after a slow 3/4 roll at Big Dogs.

If I wanted to put a new windshield in it, I think it would have been possible.

Attachments

#23 ·
exo

I already have sliders, and a partial exo'ed front half, I was going to dovetail the front and leave it at that, I was under the assumption that an exo weighed alot more than 50 lbs.

#25 ·
THIS IS MY BUDDIES TRUCK, TRIED TO GET THE CAGE AS TIGHT AS POSSIBLE FOR THIS EXACT REASON. IF YOU GET THE A PILLARS OF THE CAGE VERY TIGHT TO THE CAB, PUTTING NEW GLASS IN IT AFTER SOME POUNDING SHOULD NEVER BE AN ISSUE..
SLOW SPEED FLOPS BOTH SIDE'S ONE DAY. PASSENGER SIDE FLOP... THOUGH SLOW, WAS PRETTY VIOLENT SICE IT WAS DOWN HILL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.