Pirate 4x4 banner

seat swap question

525 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  dmoose 
#1 ·
Does any one know if i put sr5 buckets in my 93 extra cab pickup which has a 60 40 split now if they would be a direct bolt it fit if i took them out of another 93 extra cab. I know i could make them fit but i would rather have a factory bolt in on my seats.

Also i would like to switch to an sr5 steering wheel which im pretty sure will bolt right in. correct me if im wrong

Has anyone tried either of these ?

thanks

#2 ·
That's a pretty good idea. I'm pretty sure no one has ever done that.

So if you figure it out, please post pictures & diagrams & stuff for the rest of us.

Man, I can't believe no one else posted anything about this before.

I am so lucky that I stumbled upon this thread without SEARCHING.

:idea:

#3 ·
Pretty much a direct swap. 3 of the 4 bolts per seat are supposed to just go in no problems. The 4th bolt, lines up with the hole but there is no threaded fastener underneath to screw into. So you need to come up with something to screw the bolt into. Usually some sort of blind hole fasterner will work.

#4 ·
4CrawlR said:
Pretty much a direct swap. 3 of the 4 bolts per seat are supposed to just go in no problems. The 4th bolt, lines up with the hole but there is no threaded fastener underneath to screw into. So you need to come up with something to screw the bolt into. Usually some sort of blind hole fasterner will work.
I just welded a big ass washer and a nut on the bottom of the floor pan for both the seats and the seatbelt !!!!!! :grinpimp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.