Pirate 4x4 banner

What do you make of this?

699 views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  rockota 
#1 ·
What the heck is up with this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=4538038454&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

The guy insists that this is a 4runner. Am I crazy or does it look like a pickup with an extended 4runner shell? It has a normal pickup tailgate and a lift up rear window instead of the role down. No body markings of a 4runner including the little plastic peice that is usually behind the windows. He sent me a bunch of pics of the interior and it looks a runner from the inside just longer? :confused: Did they come from the factory different or is this a really good custom job?

#3 ·
bosco said:
What the heck is up with this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=4538038454&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

The guy insists that this is a 4runner. Am I crazy or does it look like a pickup with an extended 4runner shell? It has a normal pickup tailgate and a lift up rear window instead of the role down. No body markings of a 4runner including the little plastic peice that is usually behind the windows. He sent me a bunch of pics of the interior and it looks a runner from the inside just longer? :confused: Did they come from the factory different or is this a really good custom job?

back in the 80's there where a few company's that where making kit toyota's..

ie: the toyota trecker.....

it is most likly one of the manny made.. but i havent seen one quite like this...
it was a truck that has been converted for sure...

#5 ·
Carfax search result:

VIN: JT4RN65S4E5028416
Year/Make/Model: 1984 TOYOTA LONG BED SR5 1/2 TON
Body Style: Pickup
Engine Type: 2.4L L4 EFI OR 2BBL
Manufactured In: JAPAN

Sure looks like a converted truck to me.

Brings up a related question: should anyone really trust a guy selling his truck if he doesn't even know what it is?

#6 ·
It's definitely not a Toyota factory Runner, you can tell also cause the rear "shell" is higher than the cab of the truck, on a runner it's flush......he also states it's the original paint but you can tell from the pass side pics that the bed has been painted since it's darker than the rear of the door forward..........

Jeff

#8 ·
Thats what I told the guy but he "says" he took it to a dealership and they checked it out and said it was all factory. I told him he's crazy and the dealership is retarted! I will check and see if I still have those pics and em to ya waverider.

#12 ·
drnut said:
if your serious about buying it i could check it out for you. I don't live too far away.
Thanks man, but its too far away and I have my sites set on 2 real 4runners! :D I was just getting a kick out of that guy trying to convince me that it was really a 4runner! :flipoff2:

#14 ·
Well I already deleted the pics he sent me of the interior. :shaking: Sorry. But it does look just like a runner on the inside. Role bar and everything. Just a longer cargo area. Someone did a pretty good job on the interior. I will try to get the guy to send em to me again.

#17 ·
Greg_Canada said:
Not a 4runner,
#1, gap between bed + cab
#2 It's a LONGBED
#3 pickup tailgate
#4 the rear 1/4 windows in the hardtop, don't have that black "dotty" paint on them
#5 the louver's are from a standard cab pickup

Be cool to have an extended 4runner for a DD tho...
It also doesn't have the 2nd interior door handle on the passenger door ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.