Pirate 4x4 banner

Bobby Long 30 Spliners?

3K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  Longfield 
#1 · (Edited)
Do you think they would get through the season in a rear-steer axle w/37" Krawlers?
Has anyone put them in a rear axle? (yes, concidering all the *bling* of upgraded EVERYTHING)
--looking for 40 degrees of steer on both ends...

#2 · (Edited)
this is the chart from longs website....

i am running these in the front and dont really expect any problems...
ill let you know after the jambo....

as far as 40 degrees of steer, i think that bobby might want to answer that..

Attachments

#3 ·
thanks, but I have wheeled w/ BHbilly who has them in the front axle, and they held up great...breaking off the hubs and all. :) I am curious as to how they will hold up to a rear steer axle. MAYBE Bobby will chime in..
I want to run a rear engine w/ an offset axle, and wondering if Bobby will stand by these if they *dun blowd up*.
Thanks for the effort though.. :evil:

#5 ·
MOOSEKNUCKLE said:
These Still Remain Un-broken,correct?

as far as i know.... im sure as hell gonna try at the jambo!!!!!

#7 ·
Longfield said:
Yes a couple of guys told me they are running them in the rear. I think they will be fine, A 30 spline chromoly should be stronger than a 30 rear stock. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOSEKNUCKLE
These Still Remain Un-broken,correct?

as far as i know.... im sure as hell gonna try at the jambo!!!!!

?

#8 ·
I have seen them handle 40"s/4.3 on undercut rocks, and everyting BUT the Longs blew up.
Will the 'treated' R/P hold up do ya think? Does BL still sell the treated gears for comp use?
I aint no compuuuter guy, so I guess I should call the moose himself and hash it out..
(BTW bobby, did bill send you the pics of his rig driving out of a rollover w/ the new birfs??si-i-i-i-i-iiiiiick stuff!!!)
Thanks.

#17 ·
born loser said:
I have seen them handle 40"s/4.3 on undercut rocks, and everyting BUT the Longs blew up.
Will the 'treated' R/P hold up do ya think? Does BL still sell the treated gears for comp use?
I aint no compuuuter guy, so I guess I should call the moose himself and hash it out..
(BTW bobby, did bill send you the pics of his rig driving out of a rollover w/ the new birfs??si-i-i-i-i-iiiiiick stuff!!!)
Thanks.
Yes our R/P treated are holding up good with BIG tires. We treat your R/P if you send. :)

#20 ·
born loser said:

I have that one all here on vid if anyone would want to host it for me. :D

Here are some frame by frame shots

Attachments

#22 ·
born loser said:
felts?! do yall still run the rags on your balls?

Whachoo got???? Did you make some neoprene ones up or somethin? I always thought that the felts were pretty efficient wipers, especially once they got all grease impregnated. I would be interested in something new and better though........ :)

#23 ·
Longfield said:
Yes our R/P treated are holding up good with BIG tires. We treat your R/P if you send. :)

whats the price on treating my R&P's if i send e'm to you?

#26 ·
Napoleon047 said:
nope, a guy in my club, he goes by kjmcdaniel on here, has broken 3 of them last time i checked.
HAS BOKEN 3 30SPLINE SET-UP'S?
INNERS, OUTERS, LONG, SHORT, WHAT WAS THE RIG SET UP?
WHAT WERE THE DETAILS......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.