Pirate 4x4 banner

v6 thirds?

486 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  robtech 
#1 ·
ok me and a guy at work were arguing about this at work...i've heard that 4 banger and v6 thirds are interchangeable but he's saying only in a v6 housing...like you can put a 4banger third in a v6 housing but u couldnt put a v6 third into a 4banger housing? whereas from what i've heard its always sounded to me like the housings are the same and the thirds are interchangeable?

#2 · (Edited)
you can swap the 4cyl and 6cyl ones in and out. there both the same size. whats different is the inside. bearings are different sizes and what not. the housing on the 6cyl is like 20% stronger or somewhere right around there. check the FAQ at the top of this forum. youll find all the shite you need to know.

#5 ·
kiyul4130 said:
you can swap the 4cyl and 6cyl ones in and out. there both the same size. whats different is the inside. bearings are different sizes and what not. the housing on the 6cyl is like 20% stronger or somewhere right around there. check the FAQ at the top of this forum. youll find all the shite you need to know.
yea when i typed this up i was bout to fall asleep so the FAQ didnt even occur to me...thanx for answering neways i fawkin knew i was right!!

thanx mtbrjon!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.