Pirate 4x4 banner

duel case shifter options

751 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  erg801 
#1 ·
i have a 1995 toy reg. cab w/ a bench seat. iam planing on going duels. is there a way to run both cases without having to cut or changes to buckets.

#2 ·
if you have bucket seats you wont need to cut them up..

#4 ·
I have the bench seat with duals. I am about 6' tall so my seat goes right up to the shifter almost. I just slide back to engage in 4hi, then slide back up and I can switch between hi and lo no problem.

#5 ·
You can also get offset shifters from Marlin to move the rear shifter forward.

In my 4Runner, I'm planning to move the rear shifter forward to line up with the front case shifter, using a triple stick setup. This is to free up the space taken by the rear case shifter for a larger center console.

#8 · (Edited)
erg801 said:
I have the bench seat with duals. I am about 6' tall so my seat goes right up to the shifter almost. I just slide back to engage in 4hi, then slide back up and I can switch between hi and lo no problem.
so your 6' and don't ride with the seat all the way back? :eek: im 6'3 and have to have the seat all the way back. Im also going to run duals and wanted to keep the bench.
so your sayin' with the seat all the way back the shifter wont interfer with the seat? gota pic?

#12 ·
cut

on mine i actually opted to cut the seat (im assuming you have thehalf bench plus bucket thing like me). I just choppped a section out of the bottom portion with a sawzall and the rewelded the brace. Stuck a seat cover over it and you can't event tell.

#13 ·
Yep I have the 60/40 split. I dont mind sliding back and forth to shift for now. I was gonna make a cut and throw a seat cover on but the bench isnt gonna be in much longer as Im looking for some nice buckets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.