Pirate 4x4 banner

Dash removal in 88 4Runner

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Seyser 
#1 ·
Im swaping a dash pad with an altimeter out of my 87 Runner into my 88 and am having trouble getting it out. I have it loose except for the passenger side above the glove box/speaker, there is something still holding it that I cant see? Any suggestions?

Thanks
-Jeremy-

#4 ·
yup, that vent comes out. Theres 4 little clips that hold it in. You release them by sticking a small pocket screwdriver in between the edge of the vent and the dash pad from the front. Its a real bitch to release them, and sometimes you can screw up the dash. Practice on the old one first...

Ryan

#5 ·
reklund5 said:
yup, that vent comes out. Theres 4 little clips that hold it in. You release them by sticking a small pocket screwdriver in between the edge of the vent and the dash pad from the front. Its a real bitch to release them, and sometimes you can screw up the dash. Practice on the old one first...

Ryan
I *HATE* hat vent!

i find it easier to take the guts of the vent out first, then the casing. pretty easy to do with a simple screw driver. Then I push the clips out of the cage and pull the vent housing out. Ususally takes me an hour just to get that stupid vent out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.